2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jrippestudios
  • 1 Post By evangelios

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb Modder Thread... For Those That Like 2 Play

So,
Some of us picked up our iA's due to it being a Mazda 2 Sedan with a Toyota badge. Maybe the ratings, maybe the hints of MX-5 meets Sub-Compact Sedan. Either way, it is low-weight and has enough to inspire some play.
But, the true fun starts when you start to customize it... and enhance what elements you want out of it.
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Since performance parts and tuning has been so scattered throughout the forum... I wanted to start a thread for those of us that mod & customize. That like to play.

What is your build?
What are your recommendations?
What good / bad feedback do you have on mods?

And please, be nice
We all have our own concepts & inspirations.
This is not about competition, it's appreciation, and ideas.

Dotini likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 05:34 AM

my plan for my IA is to get 16 inch whistler wheels, lower it with megan coil overs, and see if I can install mazda 2 front end and led lights to make it a real mazda 2 clone. then get a body kit from mps-japan.com for the mazda 2. Then get a tune from orange virus tuning. That's my plan for now.
Jrippestudios likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
If you can get through the front bumper transition to the Mazda 2, check out the amazing body kits from Kenstyle, Autoexe, and Knight Sports in Japan. I believe we have the Mazda Demio DJ, in sedan form... The finished product would be badass!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelios View Post
my plan for my IA is to get 16 inch whistler wheels, lower it with megan coil overs, and see if I can install mazda 2 front end and led lights to make it a real mazda 2 clone. then get a body kit from mps-japan.com for the mazda 2. Then get a tune from orange virus tuning. That's my plan for now.
I'd love to hear your plans for how you're gonna do it. I want to do it too but I don't have that kind of mechanical knowledge, money, or time at the moment. Be sure to post photos when you get it done!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 02:48 PM

Does anyone have a guide on how to change out the stock headlights for LED bulbs? I got my leds but have been waiting for my friend to come up to my city to help me with them but he's been busy lately.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I replaced with the venom HIDs that required a ballast. They were pretty much plug and play. The hardest part I had was on the driver side headlight... it's a tight space and you can only get one hand in there without removing other components. I believe the led installation is about the same outside of any variances by how the wiring exits the enclosure. Do you have pics or a model number I can reference?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
My initial post never showed up so I'm going to list what I've done on my build:
AEM intake (thanks to the members here for mentioning it!)
Magnaflow 15555 cat back exhaust aka muffler(for Mazda 2) *required mild welding to adjust fit
OrangeVirus Tuning (their reputation backs their work)
LED running light enclosed strips (fit perfect into grill w/o any adhesive or drilling)
Iceberg blue 8k Xenon headlights
Custom adjustable headlight LED Backlights (bored out and installed within fixtures)
Blue led grill lights
Universal bare roof luggage rack (for the kayaks)
Curt hitch receiver (for the bikes)
Vinyl body styling and custom iA logo
That's about it, lol.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2017, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrippestudios View Post
I replaced with the venom HIDs that required a ballast. They were pretty much plug and play. The hardest part I had was on the driver side headlight... it's a tight space and you can only get one hand in there without removing other components. I believe the led installation is about the same outside of any variances by how the wiring exits the enclosure. Do you have pics or a model number I can reference?
My friend helped me install them last night. I love the white color but when I'm on the freeway, the LEDs light up the exit signs that sit like 20 feet in the air, lol.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Did you try tweaking the adjustment screws? They should help you to aim the lights down as needed. My wife's xb was very easy to adjust... the ia however seemed like it may take a little more turning to see the angle shift. I hope this helps...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page