Transmission Failure - Scion IA Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Transmission Failure

That's right! Beware of drive train issues. At 18,000 my transmission failed. The dealer couldn't tell what caused the extremely low pressure inthe transmission that lead to it's sudden failure (probably because most Toyota dealers haven't had hands on time with the ia). I haven't seen any issues like this with the IA's Madza cousins. Hopefully this doesn't become a repeat issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 01:21 PM

How did they remedy your issue ? Did they replace it or say they could fix it ?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
They ordered a new transmission. Took about 4 days. They had no clue how it happened. What's weird to me, was how suddenly it failed. Ran into the store and when I tried to back out of a space it just started jerking until the engine stalled.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 11:26 AM
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlinephl View Post
They ordered a new transmission. Took about 4 days. They had no clue how it happened. What's weird to me, was how suddenly it failed. Ran into the store and when I tried to back out of a space it just started jerking until the engine stalled.
This for Manual or for Auto?

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlinephl View Post
Gosh darn that's really odd. I wish they would have said which components failed and what not instead of just replaced it and said we don't know. They have to know what happened, that's their job lol.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
Gosh darn that's really odd. I wish they would have said which components failed and what not instead of just replaced it and said we don't know. They have to know what happened, that's their job lol.
They probably ran to the nearest Mazda dealer to do diagnostic and pick up parts.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
They probably ran to the nearest Mazda dealer to do diagnostic and pick up parts.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Plus there's a good chance the two dealerships are part of the same dealer network which makes all of that much easier to go about.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 12:30 AM

Was it auto or stick? My trans is manual and being replaced at 7k, the car still drives fine but makes a lot of noise from the trans. I wouldn't be surprised if my trans died out soon like yours.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 12:44 AM
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc422 View Post
Was it auto or stick? My trans is manual and being replaced at 7k, the car still drives fine but makes a lot of noise from the trans. I wouldn't be surprised if my trans died out soon like yours.
Auto less problem #worth

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 01:28 PM

Maybe i should of kept my veloster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page