Fuel Door Stuck Closed - Scion IA Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Door Stuck Closed

Ok so I was all giddy getting 43.7 MPG with 50 miles left on trip when I went to fill up. I pulled the fuel door and it felt kind of loose. I looked back and it didn't open. I spent 2-3 minutes pushing the door side to side and top and bottom and tried again finally getting it to open. Everything looked ok so I filled up and closed it. Sure enough it doesn't open again no matter what I do. At least I was smart enough to fill up but believe it when I say I'm scheduling a service appointment ASAP with the dealer. I googled this and saw quite a few various Mazdas that this happened to just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this and what did they do. For the record this is my 4th tank on the car period I just bought it 2 weeks ago.
Busixb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Jin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busixb View Post
Ok so I was all giddy getting 43.7 MPG with 50 miles left on trip when I went to fill up. I pulled the fuel door and it felt kind of loose. I looked back and it didn't open. I spent 2-3 minutes pushing the door side to side and top and bottom and tried again finally getting it to open. Everything looked ok so I filled up and closed it. Sure enough it doesn't open again no matter what I do. At least I was smart enough to fill up but believe it when I say I'm scheduling a service appointment ASAP with the dealer. I googled this and saw quite a few various Mazdas that this happened to just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this and what did they do. For the record this is my 4th tank on the car period I just bought it 2 weeks ago.
Sigh Mazda issues

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jin is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 235
Sounds like something the dealer should fix. I wouldn't even waste time trying to fix it as it's probably the cable or something
Ultron is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
Sounds like something the dealer should fix. I wouldn't even waste time trying to fix it as it's probably the cable or something
It was cable came loose or broke in the back. I honestly suspect the tint installer did it but who cares it's fixed now. Dealer had to order a new part.
Busixb is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
(Thread Starter)
Still averaging over 40mpg per tank so I'm happy
Busixb is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Jin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busixb View Post
Still averaging over 40mpg per tank so I'm happy
how much MPG if you had a spoiler?

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jin is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2016, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busixb View Post
Still averaging over 40mpg per tank so I'm happy
how much MPG if you had a spoiler?
Can't imagine any difference. Spoilers by utility are for down force in high speed not for improved fuel economy.
Busixb is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Jin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busixb View Post
Can't imagine any difference. Spoilers by utility are for down force in high speed not for improved fuel economy.
I beg to differ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6376636460300747936-account_id=1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	3050  

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jin is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 35
lol love it ... bit of a beotch getting into those low underground car parks though ?
Sidey is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 235
Lol the troll strikes again ! But I would think I could use that to clean my house gutters or something lol
Ultron is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome