Toyota Yaris vs. Toyota Yaris iA - Scion IA Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Toyota Yaris vs. Toyota Yaris iA

Scionís getting axed and the production of the iA as we know it will come to an end in August this year. Under Toyota, the iA will be called the Yaris iA so, how does it stack up against its future nameplate sibling?

Yes, we know one is a subcompact based on the Mazda 2 sedan and the other is a pure Toyota hatchback but weíre still going to pit them against each other and see which one comes out on top.

The Yaris is the generic, runoff the mill hatch designed to get you from point A to point B and with Toyotaís reputation for reliability, itís likely to last you 200,000 miles with proper maintenance. Thatís fine for a bread and butter type of car and it has much to offer like direct steering, great visibility, comfortable seats, space for five people, and itís not hard on the eyes. Not bad for a $15-18K car and its 106 hp inline four engine paired with a four-speed automatic transmission will make moderate hill climbing fun. But, itís no match for the Yaris iA.

Sure, the Yaris iA may not have the space and functionality of a hatchback but it offers us a plethora of standard features at the affordable price of $17,595 if, you manage to get your hands on a Scion badged iA. The Mazda 1.5-liter four may have the same power output as the Yaris at 106 hp but, it handles better and the six-speed manual transmission thatís similar to the Miata will make this subcompact a hoot to drive.

Also, youíll be getting standard features like remote start, low speed pre-collision system, backup camera and more. Its interior is quiet, well built, and it feels more like a mid-level Mazda than an entry level Toyota.

In conclusion, the Yaris iA is the better deal with since it has a combination of Toyota warranty and reputation for reliability and Mazdaís sporty handling, transmission and quality interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Jin

Link, iA doesn't have remote start -_-
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 02:33 PM

I always found the entry level Toyota's to feel better than the mid-level Mazda's anyhow ..

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 01:15 PM

But, isn't the iA already called a Yaris in Canada? They're just changing it for the rest of the world.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 06:21 PM

Scion Ia is better for the sake of the nameplate. Scion will be no more. Yet we have the last of the Scions.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 11:19 AM

Toyota Yaris has terrible reputation among enthusiasts. Would always be explaining that it wasn't "the" Yaris everyone thinks it was. Would much rather drive a Scion iA. Much better cachet.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgango View Post
Toyota Yaris has terrible reputation among enthusiasts. Would always be explaining that it wasn't "the" Yaris everyone thinks it was. Would much rather drive a Scion iA. Much better cachet.
+1 I would never have bought a Yaris and I don't want my iA to be called a Yaris. Strange.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 12:12 PM
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve91104 View Post
+1 I would never have bought a Yaris and I don't want my iA to be called a Yaris. Strange.
It's the Yaris iA

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 03:23 AM

yaris vs. ia

Nothing is strange about you not wanting be yaris driver! I did become scion driver because I didn't want drive corolla or yaris or camry- cant afford aston martin.... I had scion iq, but lease was over after 3.5 year, and no new iq, so i've lease ia and now i feel cheated...Im really pist, but i like the car very much! I did some customizing and at the rear stops at gas stations I'm frequently getting compliments- nice car bro
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 03:36 AM

one more think- be aware of yaris and corolla drivers! They are hazard on the road! Im pro cab driver- have some experience

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page