New 2017 Toyota Yaris iA owner - Scion IA Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
New 2017 Toyota Yaris iA owner

Dutsguru here, I'm new to Toyota. I've been modding Hondas mainly over the past 12 years or so.

I've had my '17 Yaris iA just over 24 hours now, swore that I was not going to mod it! What am I doing, looking at this forum and planning some mods. Today I bought a LED interior light kit, rear bumper protector and weather tech floor mats.

Pros to why I bought the iA - After working and vacation in Japan for the past 3 months, I've come to really like small, sub compact cars. Fuel mileage and safety.

Cons - being in the states (Texas - far west portion) Terlingua, this little car was made for the city, not far reaches of the Big Bend area of Texas.

I'm looking at doing a mod like this below. Does or has anyone tried this?

The green car is a Diahatsu Mira Gino 1300, a friend of mine in Tokyo owns it and we fixed it up some. So I like cars from all over, especially Japanese cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diahatsu Mira 1300.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	3729   Click image for larger version

Name:	front grill.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	3737  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 11:34 AM

Yeah it's alright it just kinda makes me claustrophobic. I might go back acuras
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 03:18 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations.

I think someone on the forums did do that light bar thing, not too sure if it was this forum or another though... nonetheless it can't be that difficult at all. Do you have any more pictures of cool cars from Japan ?!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:19 PM

Japan I mean is claustrophobic. Everything so close together pretty cool place though. The vending machines are awesome there
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
Welcome to the forums and congratulations.

I think someone on the forums did do that light bar thing, not too sure if it was this forum or another though... nonetheless it can't be that difficult at all. Do you have any more pictures of cool cars from Japan ?!

Thanks Ultron.

Here's a couple pictures of some cars that I saw over there. The light bar doesn't look too hard to do, just have to check to see where I can mount up in and or under the grill area.

1st - Honda TN7 could also be known as a Kei Truck
2nd - Mazda RX8
3rd - Suzuki Alto Turbo RS
4th Subaru 360 early 60's model
and last is what I called the FBI Surveillance van, he was with the cable company or another line company. I called it the FBI Surveillance van because for about 4 days straight he was parked across from the place that I was staying. It's a Nissan NV100 van
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Honda TN7.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	590.3 KB
ID:	3745   Click image for larger version

Name:	rx8.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	3753   Click image for larger version

Name:	s alto.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	3761   Click image for larger version

Name:	sub 360.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	3769   Click image for larger version

Name:	nissan nv100.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	3777  

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelinelife View Post
Japan I mean is claustrophobic. Everything so close together pretty cool place though. The vending machines are awesome there

I didn't find it to be claustrophobic, as time went on during my 3 months there I learned to pair down on everything. Instead of 10 things of something, 6 will do just fine! You just have to figure out what you can and cannot live with or without. After that it becomes simple!

Vending machines are off the chain, just about anything you can buy in a 7/11 you might be able to find in a vender!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 02:49 PM

I absolutely love the styling down there. Also love that all those vehicles were white haha.

The Honda Kei is the coolest thing there to me in my humble opinion. Would seriously love to have something down here like that and modify the heck outta it.

The FBI surveillance van looks and sounds extremely justifiable though !
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
I absolutely love the styling down there. Also love that all those vehicles were white haha.

The Honda Kei is the coolest thing there to me in my humble opinion. Would seriously love to have something down here like that and modify the heck outta it.

The FBI surveillance van looks and sounds extremely justifiable though !

Yes, they do have a unique styling to their cars. You should see some of the taxi's, they could be cars from the late 90's to early 00's. But they keep them so immaculate that they could be only a few years old.

I picked up the 1st of 3 items I purchased the other day. Today, I received the rear bumper protector, had window tint installed and put on my tow hook from my Honda.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_3009.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	3785   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3010.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	274.1 KB
ID:	3793   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3014.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	3801   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3011.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	3809  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 03:48 AM

You should see how much work is entailed to get a mazda 2/demio front end on the ia. I wonder if it's the whole front clip or just the bumper and lights
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelinelife View Post
You should see how much work is entailed to get a mazda 2/demio front end on the ia. I wonder if it's the whole front clip or just the bumper and lights

I will have to head over to my nearest Mazda or Toyota dealerships in Tokyo, when I go back next August 2017 and see what kind of interior pieces parts I can get that we don't have here in the states. I'll also check to see if that mazda 2/demio front end will work for the iA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page