My 2016 Scion iA idles rough when ...... - Scion IA Forum

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
My 2016 Scion iA idles rough when ......

My 2016 Scion iA idles rough, and I think I have pinpointed the problem to it happening only when the brake is applied. I took it in to the Dealer to have that checked, but of course they couldn't find anything wrong! It is not right that it should do that and it annoys me no end when it does! I will take it to another Dealer for sure, but have no confidence that they will agree to the problem, and correct it. Are other Scion iA owners having this problem? Please let me know!

Thank You,

Joseph A. Bifulco
26 Johnson St.
Franklinville, NY 14737
Home Phone (716) 676-3234
Cell Phone .(716) 866-5456
mailto:[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 07:08 PM

Hello, new in the forum, i happen to have the same problemb i drive a 2016 yaris, my problem is that i had to jumstart my father in law his mazda mpv, at first we gave it a few try but it wasn't working so i had to remove my battery and put it in his van and it turnd on but since then my yaris wont idles right, its keeps dropiing to 500 i guess right in the dot, and in D shift, but with the ac on, it works better but sometimes keeps droping even with the ac on, i took it to the dealer and ofcourse they did't find anything wrong and said that it was normal, i know its not normal due to before the battery thing it didnt vibrate or anything, i apricciate if some one can help me with this issue, if by jumpin the battery coul have damaged something or the computer needs a tune up. Its been 2 month now with the problem, thanks fellas.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 07:29 PM

Hey jbjohnson mine does that too, now i notice that when i push the break pedal when release i hear a lil bit of air and a schiming sound i hope its not a big deal

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi Samu,

Thanks for you reply. For sure sounds like something went haywire with the computerized system when you jumped the battery. Hope you can get that corrected for your piece of mind, and for your car's sake. I don't like it when my car idles rough, and my only connection to that is when holding down on the brake pedal. Like doing so has some effect on a brake booster pump, which puts a strain on the engine. Sorta like that. Maybe it wouldn't bother someone else, but it sure bothers me. Sometimes I want to put it in neutral at a stop when having to hold the brake down. I could tell you stories about taking the last 3 new cars I owned. It's amazing how little they know of the new technology in cars of today. You have to insist they do what is needed to correct the problem. Now they don't want to see you 10,000 miles. I'm from the old school, and I don't want to wait that long for sure. In any event I will take my Scion iA to another come warmer weather.

Thanks,
JB
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 11:59 PM

Test your battery as it may be on the frits. Mine idles better since I did this
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 06:14 PM

My IA idles rough occasionally when I am at a stop as well. I believe it is normal, I worked at a Toyota plant and there is a rough idle feature that we tested. It's purpose I'm not sure, but I wouldn't worry about it.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 03:50 AM

Hey guys,

My 2016 ia automatic idles roughly from time to time when the brake is applied. Enough for me to be notice and become annoyed by it..

What should we do???
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 05:33 PM

Garage
mine iq did that too and ia does the same- I think it's CPU reacting to electric power drainage- poor programing, but nothing bad going to happen- it just annoying
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 05:39 PM

Garage
do nothing- that is normal for this car electric system- when more power is reIquired CPU commands engine go to higher rews, so generator can produce more power- I know it is annoying- poor programing
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 04:45 PM

it's just the characteristic of a lightweight subcompact not much dampening

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page