Noise when turning or going over bump. - Scion IA Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Noise when turning or going over bump.

It sounds like someone tossing a pebble at the right side of my car sometimes when turning right or just after right turn when speeding back up. Also when going over a speed bump at an angle. Anyone else have this problem? I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't find anything wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 07:26 PM

How many miles on your iA? My right front strut mount started making noise around 35k and at 48k I had it changed. Now at 56k I think the left one is going bad. Definitely the weak link in this car. BTW, i see you're from Kansas City - Adam's is who did mine. They were expensive, but gave me a loaner and stood behind their work when the noise returned a few days later. They fixed it right the second time at no additional cost.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 02:00 PM

Mine is doing the same thing and I've got only 500 miles on it. Did you take yours to Hendrick's? I'm thinking they will say the same thing to me.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2017, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I got it from Molle. I have 7600 miles. I took it back again they heard the noise this time. They loosened cradle bolts and retightened said it was good. It was x10 worse when I drove it away. I took it back again and they removed and replaced the dash pad to secure sub-straight. Noise while turning seems to be gone but it still happens over some bumps. The warranty has paid for everything but I'm getting tired of taking it there.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 10:35 PM

Exclamation Noise from front suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidk21 View Post
It sounds like someone tossing a pebble at the right side of my car sometimes when turning right or just after right turn when speeding back up. Also when going over a speed bump at an angle. Anyone else have this problem? I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't find anything wrong.
I am at 58k and I am hearing noise form the suspension and Autonation Toyota says they can not find anything wrong. I am going to go to independent shop and will post findings.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidk21 View Post
I got it from Molle. I have 7600 miles. I took it back again they heard the noise this time. They loosened cradle bolts and retightened said it was good. It was x10 worse when I drove it away. I took it back again and they removed and replaced the dash pad to secure sub-straight. Noise while turning seems to be gone but it still happens over some bumps. The warranty has paid for everything but I'm getting tired of taking it there.
Hello Davidk21,
I have a 2017 Yaris iA doing the exact same noise you describe, under the same conditions, but on the driver's side.
Dealer and shops have been unable to find the source. It's just frustrating.
On your post you mentioned "they removed and replaced the dash pad to secure sub-straight". But I'm not sure what is that.
Can you please give more details about what they did to fix that noise on your car?
Best regards.
Sergio.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in