Heated seats - Page 2 - Scion IA Forum

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:32 AM

Yeah, all wired for it though. I'm going the mirrors great as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 06:19 PM

I hope the mirrors heat as well
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 05:29 PM

Switch installed, lights work but hard to tell if seat heaters are on because so hot here in NC. One more project down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160618_160752_1466285304416.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	2601  

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 07:01 PM

You could probably try out the heated seats at night when its cooler. Do the heated seat switch lights turn on?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 09:34 PM

That's a good call, I need to wait for it to get real cold!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 06:55 PM

Heated seats holy crap and all I got to do is add a switch I'm in
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 PM

bump. is this true?
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 03:04 AM

Installed the switches (CX-3 part that I ordered from some dealership in Albuquerque). Took apart the dash and while I haven't put everything back in place yet, I unplugged the original part that tells you the airbag is on/off, and plugged the switch into the cx-3 one. Switches work and light up but I'm not feeling the seats get any warmer (except for the heat coming from my own butt, lol). It's 11 pm at night and its low 40s/high 30s so if the heating is working, I should be able to feel it right? I'll probably just remove the old part and put the cx-3 part into place anyways for aesthetics.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 09:10 PM

Garage
With the cold weather up in the northeast now, this is a very interesting option. Is this in fact as easy as it seems ? Just installing the switch activates the already installed heated seats ? If so, that's next on my list. I noticed on the Canadian Toyota website, the "Premium 6AT" model of the Yaris iA has heated seats included, while the other two basic models do not.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osc247 View Post
With the cold weather up in the northeast now, this is a very interesting option. Is this in fact as easy as it seems ? Just installing the switch activates the already installed heated seats ? If so, that's next on my list. I noticed on the Canadian Toyota website, the "Premium 6AT" model of the Yaris iA has heated seats included, while the other two basic models do not.
You have to take apart quite a bit of the dash and center console to get to the part you want to replace with the heat switches. Like I mentioned in the comment before yours, my car doesn't do anything except light up the heat seat buttons. No heat. I'm actually questioning whether the seats have the elements needed as others have stated. Someone did install the switches and they did say they felt the seat getting "warm" but its very subtle. I'm wondering if that's just body heat that's warming up the seat. They also said it wasn't worth the $100 for the part and imo, it wouldn't be worth the money or the effort to do so, unless you like having heated seat switches on your dash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page