Heated seats - Page 3 - Scion IA Forum

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 11:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idksomuch View Post
You have to take apart quite a bit of the dash and center console to get to the part you want to replace with the heat switches. Like I mentioned in the comment before yours, my car doesn't do anything except light up the heat seat buttons. No heat. I'm actually questioning whether the seats have the elements needed as others have stated. Someone did install the switches and they did say they felt the seat getting "warm" but its very subtle. I'm wondering if that's just body heat that's warming up the seat. They also said it wasn't worth the $100 for the part and imo, it wouldn't be worth the money or the effort to do so, unless you like having heated seat switches on your dash.
Thanks for the reply, I noticed it seemed to be a 50/50 chance with those who have done it. You're right though, might be too much of a hassle without being able to confirm if in fact some of the cars had the heating elements in. Would be a great addition right about now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 04:04 AM

I bought these heated pads off amazon for $40. Comes with 4 pads which is enough for the front seats (back and bottom portion of the seats).

When we removed the fabric, there weren't any coils for heated seats in the foam so that confirms that these seats aren't pre-wired with the elements. Unfortunately, there are weight sensors on the seats for the airbags and after disconnecting and removing the seats from the car to install the pads, I get the airbag light flashing. I haven't taken the seats apart to remove the pads yet, but I hope the only issue is that the pads are interfering with something somehow. But if anyone is looking for heated seats, here they are. Just be careful with the airbags I guess.

Oh and in case anyone is curious, they work really well. Gets plenty warm. There's a high setting and a low setting and the high is really warm. Even the low can get a bit too warm for me but it is spring now, and weather is getting warmer. Probably perfect for the winter though. I'm going to try and take off the pads on the bottom portion of the seats and leave the back rest pads on so I'll at least have some part of the seat heated.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM

Apparently they're are heated seat elements already in the seats just need to be wired..a member did it a couple of years ago with cx3 parts

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelinelife View Post
Apparently they're are heated seat elements already in the seats just need to be wired..a member did it a couple of years ago with cx3 parts
I did that too. Bought the CX-3 module and installed it. There wasn't any heat. When I took apart my seat to install those pads I bought off Amazon, I didn't see any coils either. I'm in California though, so it's possible Mazda/Toyota took them out of all California models but how likely would something like that be? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if we get ****** over here in CA because CA hates cars but yeah... So either non-CA models actually have the elements pre-installed, or they're just feeling the warmth from there own body heat. Another guy on the iA FB page took his car to a dealership to get his seats replaced and he didn't see any coils in the seats either and he's somewhere on the east coast, so maybe it's not just CA cars.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 11:46 PM

Garage
heat seats? really? How about smart walker and wheelchair? No blow job device? ups- bad bad auto!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 06:10 PM

I think heated seats are only available for the Canadian market.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 02:09 PM

Could always get the one that plugs into the 12v and doubles as a seat cover they might make one that is cooling too nowadays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page