Installed Android Auto - Page 2 - Scion IA Forum
 6Likes

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 05:47 PM

I seem to have successfully installed the tweaks.

Note for anyone else, the Infotainment display goes through normal start-up cycle before the MZD-AIO screen comes up; I was expecting something more like a bootstrap intercept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 11:15 AM

I'm not able to get Android Auto to work on my iA.

I've tried to look through the mazda3revolution forum posts on the matter, but I quickly ran into their "you need to register in order to view more pages" block, coupled with the unhelpful fact that their registration page doesn't work. So I can look at a few pages at a time with an incognito chrome window.

In what I've been able to get to, there have been some suggestions that what phone you are using can be significant. Specifically, I think there was one exchange where someone asked spadival (the AA port developer) to add his phone type to the application, which spadival did. Anyone know anything about this? I have a Moto x4 on Google Project Fi.

Thanks.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Thanks for response, joelg1988.

I think the issue is that I have Android 8.1 -- see https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4...o/td-p/4066135

Still looking through that to see if there is a resolution that will work for me.

Anyway, AA will open when phone is connected by USB to vehicle upon vehicle start, so there is some communication going on. It works on the phone itself.

Will post what I find with regard to 8.1; likely to become a widespread issue.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Update: still reading lenova forums, but a lot of suggestions that it is due to screen lock.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 01:51 PM

Next update: it looks like turning screen lock off will fix the problem, and that even after connecting with lock off you can turn lock back on and it will continue to work ... until the next time you reboot the phone. Also, one post suggested that a May security patch (my phone is version OPW28.1 with an April 1, 2018 security patch, so I assume I have not gotten this patch yet; Google tends to roll out updates slowly at first to make sure nothing blows up on them) fixes it completely.

I don't like the idea of having screen lock off, but I guess that it's not too big a deal for me. I'll try that later on and report. If it works, I'll see about turning it back on after connecting.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Thanks for response, joelg1988.

I think the issue is that I have Android 8.1 -- see https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-X4...o/td-p/4066135

Still looking through that to see if there is a resolution that will work for me.

Anyway, AA will open when phone is connected by USB to vehicle upon vehicle start, so there is some communication going on. It works on the phone itself.

Will post what I find with regard to 8.1; likely to become a widespread issue.
Clarification for this:

Anyway, AA will open ON PHONE when phone is connected by USB to vehicle upon vehicle start, so there is some communication going on.

Nothing happens on car display, and when I go on Infotainment to Appications and click on Android Auto, I can bring up a start screen for AA, but it freezes there.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Clarification for this:

Anyway, AA will open ON PHONE when phone is connected by USB to vehicle upon vehicle start, so there is some communication going on.

Nothing happens on car display, and when I go on Infotainment to Appications and click on Android Auto, I can bring up a start screen for AA, but it freezes there.
I'll check if my girlfriends Pixel XL is running 8.0 or 8.1 (I know for sure she's running at least 8.0), I don't know if she even updates her phone or just declines updates, but it definitely works and communicates no problem with infotainment.

2017 Toyota Yaris IA - 6 speed manual - Sapphire
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 08:36 PM

AA works like a charm for me when I turn off screen lock. Very slick app, and kudos to the developers who ported it. Forgot to try with phone re-locked; will give it a try tomorrow.

I think the 8.1 issue might be exclusive to Moto x4: I tried to get results for searches without anything pointing to x4, but most of the results still had x4 references.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 05:23 PM

AA still works for me after turning screen lock back on.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 10:50 PM

Did you guys just download the whole tweaks 5.3 and install? Or just android auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page