Installed Android Auto - Page 3 - Scion IA Forum
 6Likes

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
AA still works for me after turning screen lock back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelinelife View Post
Did you guys just download the whole tweaks 5.3 and install? Or just android auto
Marsden, it works with my girlfriend's Pixel XL running 8.1. Glad it's working for you now.

Bluelinelife, I'm not sure where you are getting 5.3 from, Mazda Tweaks is on version 2.7.9. Once you install this program on your computer (file is like ~250MB if I remember correctly), you get to choose what tweaks to install to the infotainment. Follow this link:
https://mazdatweaks.com/

2017 Toyota Yaris IA - 6 speed manual - Sapphire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 11:41 PM

Oh ok that's cool I'm going to do this today since Pandora doesn't like to work with the dealer installed app. Might as well just do android auto and enable the touch screen while driving.
joelg1988 likes this.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 03:38 PM

My phone just got the May 1 security update that is alleged to fix the screen lock issue with Moto x4. Will report.

Had had some issues with turning screen lock back on after getting AA working. Not sure what the deal was with that, but took screen lock back off and was able to get working again. I like the screen lock because apparently it's needed for fingerprint security, which I think my bank made use of. After turning screen lock off, I had to completely set up fingerprint security again, which is a pain.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 09:14 AM

I just did the tweaks following a YouTube video on a Mazda3..everything works awesome. $200 for a navigation ?haha F U dealer I have android auto and the waze app for freeeee!!! Woohoo
joelg1988 and Marsden like this.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:53 AM

Congrats, bluelinelife!

It always irks me to pay for all sorts of hardware and then have it locked down for what software you can use on it: isn't it your hardware? I have an Android phone and Ubuntu Linux on my computer for that reason, too.

May 1 security update seems to have fixed my Moto x4 issues.

My next concern is making changes once the mazdatweaks stuff is loaded; tried it this morning and got a "data restored" message in mazdatweaks format, but the changes I wanted were not made. I kind of want to remove at least the Mazda start up logo before I take the car in for the first gratis oil change at Toyota ...
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 05:12 PM

Thats a good point if they dealer even noticed. I'll double check but I don't think I have the Mazda logo all I selected for tweaks was, video player, touchscreen , aa,and no security messages
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Just FYI, THERE IS a way to get rid of the Mazda logo at bootup so the dealer doesn't notice.

The only one I have at bootup is the one that looks like a sideways futuristic car glowing (looks like a Mazda6 to me, but who knows). Everything else looks stock, besides when you click on APPS you can see the Android Auto option.

2017 Toyota Yaris IA - 6 speed manual - Sapphire
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 02:14 AM

@Marsden does the phone have to be connected via usb? I just installed AA to my car, and have a moto x4 as well. I just briefly messed with it, will take a better look tomorrow, but I wasn't able get it to connect without the usb cable.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 10:57 AM

I'm not sure if it does need to be connected by USB, giacomo. I generally always have my phone connected by USB to keep it charged, anyway. I think there may have been a time I was trying to change my installation, and my phone started AA because of bluetooth connection, but I can't swear to it. I'll test out bluetooth only today.

Do you have the May 1 security update on your x4?
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 11:36 AM

Yeah, I have the May 1 update.

I did read a little something about AA over wifi on the mazda3revolution forums, but the forums are a mess and it seems information on the tweaks to the system are super unorganized.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page