LED Headlight H4 - Page 10 - Scion IA Forum
 2Likes

post #91 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 06:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suaz24 View Post
Philips H4 LEDs on the left, factory Osrams on the right.
The Philips looks awesome. Any issues with cops or drivers?

How to enjoy decaf:
1. Throw it in the trash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 11:56 PM

I was flashed one time after had my lowering springs installed as it dipped the rear more than the front causing my lights to point much higher upwards and I didn't adjust them prior to installing the LEDs. After that I aimed them myself and had to correct for the beam pattern and they are designed for right hand drive so the cutoffs are high left low right instead of high right low left. Overall one of the best visual and performance mods I have done along with the license plate LEDs which really clean up and class up the look of the car.
post #93 of 103 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:00 AM

Any advice on which lights I should get? I just want something a bit brighter because I feel like the factory lights are too dim but I don't want to blind anyone either. Preferrably something cheap because school ripped a big hole in my wallet. Also, what is this about adjusting the lights to not blind other drivers?

post #94 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 02:10 AM

Garage
I went with 8K Xenon HID lights. Very easy install and look much better then the yellow stock bulbs.
Here's actual pics.

I would also suggest replacing that ugly yellow marker bulb for a white 194 LED.
The turn signals already run as markers. It was pointless to have 2 amber lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0054.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	4498   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	4506   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	4514   Click image for larger version

Name:	hnet.com-gifmaker_HayZ8x.gif
Views:	243
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	4522   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0111.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	4530  

post #95 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 06:18 AM

How does every deal with scatter? My friend just helped me install LED lights (6000k) and when I'm on the freeway, the lights light up the exit signs even when I'm not using high beams. Hopefully I'm not blinding anyone. I'm not lighting up anyone's cabins compared to an older honda civic with aftermarket LEDs which was so bright, it was lighting up the inside of someone else's van that was in front of him.
post #96 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 02:46 PM

See my above posts regarding HE LEDs. I purchased Philips Head that cost about $200 but do not have the scatter.
post #97 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
See my above posts regarding HE LEDs. I purchased Philips Head that cost about $200 but do not have the scatter.
How do I adjust the lights on the car? I don't know where or what the twisty thingy is and I don't know what kind of tools I might need to angle it down. I've searched how to angle headlights correctly, but there's no info that I found about what the adjuster knob looks like for the iA.
post #98 of 103 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 04:29 PM

If you look behind the headlight you will see what looks like a gear down toward the base of the housing, there is also one near the top that has a little cover on it that pops off and once you pop the cover off you can turn to adjust up and down. The little gear screw on the bottom of the housing adjusts left to right.
post #99 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:
If you look behind the headlight you will see what looks like a gear down toward the base of the housing, there is also one near the top that has a little cover on it that pops off and once you pop the cover off you can turn to adjust up and down. The little gear screw on the bottom of the housing adjusts left to right.
I took a picture of the right headlight. I'm not sure if I'm looking for the right thing but I circled it in the pic. Is this what you were talking about? I can't take it off so I wouldn't be surprised if I got it wrong, lol.

http://imgur.com/a/RzTut
post #100 of 103 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 04:18 AM

I went and took another look at it and saw this screw:
http://imgur.com/a/cLrNO
I'm guessing that's what you were talking about? The image is mirrored, for whatever reason, my phone camera likes to do that so the angle of the photo may look weird.

As for adjusting it, what tool do I need for it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page