Scion iA Avoids Collisions, Standard - Page 2 - Scion IA Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 11:47 AM

It seems like Toyota would also have a system to prevent collisions like this in its vehicles. It just seems like this type of technology should be in most vehicles at this point. It protects not only the people in the car, but also the people walking down the street or driving in the other cars on the road.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 01:25 PM

Now they have more of an obligation to include it with more and more car makers using the technology, helps them to stay relevant, which makes me wonder to what other vehicles will the tech roll out and when.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 02:46 PM

It's hard to justify not putting it in other cars when they have put it in a car like the Scion iA. Not many cars that are down market from the iA.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 07:23 AM
SRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando View Post
It's hard to justify not putting it in other cars when they have put it in a car like the Scion iA. Not many cars that are down market from the iA.
yea but scion didn't put anything in there. I think you seem to be missing that
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Moe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV View Post
Exactly. It came with what got handed down to them, they just had to rebrand it and make it seem as if it was actually from them. But at least we're getting it in this segment of all segments.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 02:36 PM

It seems like the automotive companies are all moving towards better safety systems. Even Honda is following this trend with their sensing system.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV View Post
I'm not missing that. I think that regardless of if it came directly from Scion or it comes from Mazda, its in a Scion product now and they have to stand by that product and own it. Toyota has the technology, so I don't really find that a very compelling argument.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 02:54 PM

I'm just wondering how this can be tested by the average person at the dealership. Unless we start driving a bit too close to the wall for comfort, how will we know if the avoidance system works or how it's supposed to feel when it takes affect?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheSedan View Post
I'm just wondering how this can be tested by the average person at the dealership. Unless we start driving a bit too close to the wall for comfort, how will we know if the avoidance system works or how it's supposed to feel when it takes affect?
You can try to request that they demonstrate it for you. It can be easy, turning over a trash can and driving into it should be doable or just about any other objects that can be used for that purpose:

what ever you do, don't do this:

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 01:58 PM

Who would ever think that this was a good idea? Although it does prove that the self stopping system was not operating as it should.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page