Scion IA Forum banner

Will the S-FR End Up a Scion?

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Lando 
#1 ·

Toyota is preparing an assault on the youth demographic and by youth they mean under 40.

No matter, Toyota calls the car in question the S-FR, which stands for Small, Front Engine, Rear Drive, its the size of a Toyota Yaris and they kinda want to build it.

Toyota is hoping that a sub $15,000 MSRP, attractive, classic styling and excellent dynamics are enough to lure a younger buyer to the showroom, even if he happens to be 35.

Toyota says the S-FR project has been designed to offer “smooth, responsive and direct handling that gives a real sense of communication between car and driver.” That goes along with a vision of tuning and customization, if Toyota does send the S-FR we expect it to reach North America as a Scion.

Of course the question always comes down to cost of production. Yes Toyota is the master of production systems but their mastery simply cannot support a product that will not sell. Toyota will be carting the S-FR to autoshows around the globe looking for feedback from consumers, if its healthy enough they'll build it, if not they won't.

First they need a crossover, but what do you think, would the S-FR have sales legs if sold as a Scion in North America?

See less See more
#2 ·
I hope they bring it to North America - but really, I hope they should bring it as a Toyota. Toyota really needs to develop something sporty in their lineup and I think this is too close to the FRS to be a Scion...

....Or they can take the FRS a bit more upscale as a Toyota and make this SFR a Scion (since its lower priced). :shrug:

#3 ·
I dont like the look, too alfa/TVR looking to me...but as for the scion thing, i doubt it. Toyota brand needs that car in my opinion, at 25 i wouldnt buy it, i can see older guys buying it haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.