Regular vs Premium Fuel - Page 6 - Scion IA Forum
 2Likes

post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 04:02 AM

Garage
It does make difference in performance and little bit in mileage too- main difference is your driving style any way. Still since iA has Mazda's high compression SKYACTIV® 1.5 liter engine I would recommend premium all the time. I do 33.5 with semi aggressive driving style and manual trans- 50/50 city and hwy. hope it helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 04:14 AM

Garage
hey, almost forgot- after first oil change in dealership my car suddenly started doing 29 per gallon- I was freaked out- what wrong? Well assholes putt in generic oil in, so I went back an explained to them that this engine requires super synthetic motor oil to work properly- oil was changed and immediately- 33 plus miles
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 AM

Garage
I can't believe what I'm reading here- $6 discussion- if your iA no doing 33 mpg at least- then is something is wrong with car or driver, I have no solutions for driver part, but for the car part - premium or highest octane petroleum is must for this little beast ( SKYACTIV-G 1.5 or (P5-VPS) is a 1,496 cc (91.3 cu in) engine with a 74.5 mm (2.93 in) bore and a 85.8 mm (3.38 in) stroke.
This 4 cylinder engine was introduced in the 14MY Mazda3 for the Asian and European markets, it develops 114 hp (85 kW) at 6,000 rpm and 111 lb·ft (150 N·m) of torque at 4,000 rpm (Asia Markets). This new gasoline engine added to the SKYACTIV line-up achieves a high compression ratio of 13.0:1 (14.0:1 in some markets) - do not put gas in- it will explode!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page