Post Your Best Mpg! - Scion IA Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Post Your Best Mpg!

OK all,

This is a post to find the maxed out limit of mpg for the iA. I believe I have reached my maximum within a few tenths or so. I believe some based on their driving habits and conditions may have reached beyond what I have. Please be known that I have intentionally tried my best to reach the best I could do.

I ask that the folks that post to this thread be as honest as myself and that the numbers posted are hand calculated, NOT From what the computer indicated as it is, But manually calculated via the gallons on your receipt and the mileage on a Full Tank a gas ONLY!

Also, If I may ask out of curiosity, the Mileage on your vehicle at the time you obtained your best mpg.

Mine is 46.61 mpg @ 2160 miles
rwmorrey likes this.

Last edited by Moomur27; 05-20-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmig View Post
OK all,

This is a post to find the maxed out limit of mpg for the iA. I believe I have reached my maximum within a few tenths or so. I believe some based on their driving habits and conditions may have reached beyond what I have. Please be known that I have intentionally tried my best to reach the best I could do.

I ask that the folks that post to this thread be as honest as myself and that the numbers posted are hand calculated, NOT From what the computer indicated as it is, But manually calculated via the gallons on your receipt and the mileage on a Full Tank a gas ONLY!

Also, If I may ask out of curiosity, the Mileage on your vehicle at the time you obtained your best mpg.

Mine is 46.61 mpg @ 2160 miles
Get on fuelly....

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 10:14 AM

Garage
This picture is my best trip.

My best tank is 50.33mpg hand calculated - computer read 50.8mpg. 488 miles, trying to hit 500 this tank.
This was my latest fill up: the warm weather helped.
Edit: Roughly 9100 miles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1463839998501.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	2105  

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polmeh View Post
This picture is my best trip.

My best tank is 50.33mpg hand calculated - computer read 50.8mpg. 488 miles, trying to hit 500 this tank.
This was my latest fill up: the warm weather helped.
Edit: Roughly 9100 miles.
Awesome! You could easily do 500 miles if your willing to test the 2 gal reserve Nice....
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 07:25 PM

How do you guys hand calculate your mpg? I got my car a couple days ago and its reading 26.6 mpg on the dashboard info screen. Am I reading this right? How come it doesn't change when I drive around, its just fixed at 26.6.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Use the infotainment menu. Each time you take a trip, it will indicate the average trip mpg you are attaining(In Red) it will reset with each trip you take. The Current (In Blue) averages all the trips you have taken into account. You can set your trip meter in the settings to Clear the Current Values each time you push the reset button on the dash.

So based on this picture attached, if I was at the gas station to fill. I would look at the trip A meter for the miles traveled and write it down. Then divide it by the gallons you put in the car for the hand calculation. Then I would push the physical trip A clear button on the dash. This will then clear the "Current value" and start a new running average. At the same time it will move the Bar to the left as a reference to you new average. Hope this helps

The 26.6 mpg you are reading on your dash is probally the setting you have currently selected by default. If you push the "Info" button on the steering wheel the same area on the dash can do multiple functions, real time mpg, range left in miles to travel, average mpg, average speed and so on. Your mileage will increase as the car is breaking in. But the infotainment graphic seems to be the best for monitoring you fuel economy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5735.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	2113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2121  
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-22-2016, 11:43 PM

This helps clear many questions I had. Thanks so much.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 03:13 PM

There is no way you can't get better MPG than that. I also have a 2014 Mazda 2.0 that I got 55 mpg on hwy 5 two years ago. The info below is from fuelly. It has the date,miles tested,gallons,and price per gallon.

6/13/14 172.30 3.113 3.990

This is another example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/mazda/3/2014/gundamit/273820

Last edited by rwmorrey; 05-23-2016 at 03:19 PM.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 03:45 PM
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmorrey View Post
There is no way you can't get better MPG than that. I also have a 2014 Mazda 2.0 that I got 55 mpg on hwy 5 two years ago. The info below is from fuelly. It has the date,miles tested,gallons,and price per gallon.

6/13/14 172.30 3.113 3.990

This is another example of what I'm talking about.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/mazda/3/2014/gundamit/273820
wtf how you getting 55 mph on a Mazda 3

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 04:16 PM

That was in cruise control over almost 200 miles of driving. Normal highway mpg won't get that much, but the link below my original post shows someone that is getting around 50 mpg on the highway. I want to do the same test with my 2016 Mazda 2(Scion IA).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page