I had a bad week with my IA... - Scion IA Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I had a bad week with my IA...

...but it wasn't my fault. On Memorial Day this year, I splurged and bought a new 2016 Scion IA. Iíve never owned a Japanese car and didnít think I would ever buy one, but I got a good price on this, and payment that I can afford. I'm an old guy and this will likely be the last car I buy.

I work part time in a parking garage in downtown Salt lake City. I went to work on Wednesday this week for my 530 to 11pm shift. There's been a couple of really big conventions so we've been busy. I parked literally about 25 feet from my working booth but it was raining and I didn't pay much attention to the new car.

When I went out after my shift was done, I noticed what looked like something on the roof. Turns out, it was a big-ass dent in the rear half of car, and appeared like something had been dropped on it. After I got over my shock, I went to talk to the hotel security and he took some pictures. They of course have no responsibility.

http://imgur.com/a/yo2At

I took it to the body shop of the dealership where I bought it and they gave me an estimate of $2700.00 for repairs, which may increase once they take the top off and see if any of the support beams are bent. I have to pay the $500 deductible, of course. I talked to one of the desk managers today when I was there and she told me she think there are cameras on that side of the building, so Iím going to talk to the hotel general manager on Monday to see if they have any video. Not sure if that will help or not.

I'm still pissed.

I'm still pissed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 07:54 AM

That sucks they should at least pay the deductible. They should pay for the repair though. Wait for the guy on this forum Jins sarcastic comment.
Ultron likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 05:53 PM

WTH? My first thought it somebody jumped out a window and landed on the roof of your car. I hope you can get the insurance to cover it. That really sucks.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by memikeyounot View Post
...but it wasn't my fault. On Memorial Day this year, I splurged and bought a new 2016 Scion IA. Iíve never owned a Japanese car and didnít think I would ever buy one, but I got a good price on this, and payment that I can afford. I'm an old guy and this will likely be the last car I buy.

I work part time in a parking garage in downtown Salt lake City. I went to work on Wednesday this week for my 530 to 11pm shift. There's been a couple of really big conventions so we've been busy. I parked literally about 25 feet from my working booth but it was raining and I didn't pay much attention to the new car.

When I went out after my shift was done, I noticed what looked like something on the roof. Turns out, it was a big-ass dent in the rear half of car, and appeared like something had been dropped on it. After I got over my shock, I went to talk to the hotel security and he took some pictures. They of course have no responsibility.

http://imgur.com/a/yo2At

I took it to the body shop of the dealership where I bought it and they gave me an estimate of $2700.00 for repairs, which may increase once they take the top off and see if any of the support beams are bent. I have to pay the $500 deductible, of course. I talked to one of the desk managers today when I was there and she told me she think there are cameras on that side of the building, so Iím going to talk to the hotel general manager on Monday to see if they have any video. Not sure if that will help or not.

I'm still pissed.

I'm still pissed.
With 2.7k mind as well make it a convertible or hardtop, yolo.

Mazda 2 | Scion iA | Toyota Yaris | 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 08:26 PM

Told you lol
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelinelife View Post
Told you lol
Lol that was pretty on point. I actually read that top and thought the same thing in my head, and then seen your comment and shortly after his
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 10:04 PM

Haha yeah I knew it was going to happen
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelinelife View Post
Haha yeah I knew it was going to happen
At this point we all expect it ???
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Continuation: My IA is in the body shop and they thought it could be done by Wednesday this week. I got a call yesterday and the new roof they ordered is delayed. The body shop guy said the parts supplier (I don't know how this works) said it's the first roof they've a request since they got parts for it. So they expect new roof on Monday 10/10 and it shouldn't take long to fix. Gawd, I hate car repairs like this.

Here's a few pictures of the roof area, not sure what they are showing but it's much more complicated that I thought

http://imgur.com/a/JuUS3
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 06:56 PM

That's very unfortunate. Did you happen to see any "prints" on the roof that might indicate what could have caused that? Like a shoe print, etc?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page