What did you do to your iA today? - Page 12 - Scion IA Forum
 13Likes

post #111 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 12:36 PM

Garage
Added some LED DRL's to the grill. What do ya'll think of the placement? Kinda looks like nostrils :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2905.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	5066  
Dutsguru and brahmabull like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 11:10 PM

Garage
Today, I installed Android Auto and several other tweaks on my Yaris iA. Google maps looks good, and has the option to show traffic. We'll see how it holds up with driving directions as we go. Phone calls and texts worked good also. In the little time i've had it, it appears to be working well and fast, although might be a bit buggy when switching between AA and the stock Mazda system.
post #113 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 04:38 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by osc247 View Post
Today, I installed Android Auto and several other tweaks on my Yaris iA. Google maps looks good, and has the option to show traffic. We'll see how it holds up with driving directions as we go. Phone calls and texts worked good also. In the little time i've had it, it appears to be working well and fast, although might be a bit buggy when switching between AA and the stock Mazda system.
That's great. How did you do it? I'm guessing hacking the infotainment system will void the warranty. That said, is it possible to do a factory reset of some sort, in case something does happen?

post #114 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 08:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull View Post
That's great. How did you do it? I'm guessing hacking the infotainment system will void the warranty. That said, is it possible to do a factory reset of some sort, in case something does happen?
I used the MZD-AIO software that was linked in one of the Mazda forums, and used a USB. It worked without any problems. Yes, I'm sure it voids the warranty. I believe a factory reset is possible, as it backs up your original software for you, not 100% sure on the steps to do it, the software apparently does it for you.
post #115 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 11:09 AM

Garage
De-badged and cleaned up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3016-2.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	531.2 KB
ID:	5074  
Dutsguru likes this.
post #116 of 134 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 PM

Garage
Patch the night shot you posted on facebook, looks really nice!!

Greg
post #117 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 03:12 AM

Garage
smutch- you are dumb ass! there no heated seats in iA
post #118 of 134 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 PM

Garage
Finally! achieved perfect exhaust notice/sound- can't listen music anymore- listening small engine murmuring- here is quote from my american muscle neighbor- "what did you do? it sounds like porsche!" Indeed it sounds fantastic! Sound like porsche- means it's not loud, but you can hear that it's mean. So I managed to achieve this sound, by try an error- it cost me about $350 if I would knew better (muffler delete without replacement of sound muffling- makes your car sound stupid or ricer- I drove it as ricer for 30 days) at first place- It would save me $150. Anyway- no regrets- Now I have best sounding 1.5 skyactiv!
post #119 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:09 PM

Garage
**** happens- especially if you jerk up your car parking break like vintage traktor you are used too. I never park in gear for the last 25 years- it is called parking brake- idiots!
post #120 of 134 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 11:15 PM

Garage
rednecks and hillbillies have to stick to the tractors, so they will be mentally stable. Put this one into aston martin or porsche- he will complain about clearance and no enough room in the truck bed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page