Scion iA ECM Tuning Possibilities - Page 11 - Scion IA Forum
 20Likes

post #101 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 04:31 PM

thats sweet did you do WOT pulls while data logging ? I cant wait untill Mat can get a IA on the dyno and tune the cams !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 04:53 PM

I did idle, city driving, and two WOT pulls.
post #103 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 06:25 PM

that's great I want to see how many revisions it takes before your tune is finished.Keep us posted and thanks for the updates

post #104 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 07:09 PM

Waiting on revision 3 right now. The base tune was an improvement but the second one made things really noticeable and didn't affect mileage at all. Though it's not going to win any races or be used as such it has made this little car even more fun to drive!
post #105 of 113 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 12:34 AM

and that last sentence is the one that matters most ! good deal I enjoyed driving my 100hp Honda Fit as much as my 500hp supercharged Mustang in the canyons
post #106 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 11:35 PM

@Suaz24 any updates? I am considering purchasing this but maybe it'll be wise until Matt can tune the cams and get it "on the dyno," both of which I don't fully understand (someone mind explaining)?

Would I get upgrades as they come out if I buy now? Or will should I wait until completion?
post #107 of 113 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 02:30 PM

I don't have dyno figures or anything but I would estimate, only estimate, about 15% increase. I have noticed that my gas mileage does go down when I romp on it, this little car is fun! When I am gentle on the throttle I can consistently break 45 MPG on the readout. It has been fun and I have learned quite a bit. The personalized tuning and learning can be factored in to the price which has made it worth it in my opinion along with he increased power and drivability. I haven't purchased anything fancy regarding air intakes or exhaust either.
james98520 likes this.
post #108 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-31-2016, 12:35 AM

How much hp and where in the US can you get the tune?
post #109 of 113 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 02:03 PM

Anyone that's gotten this tune, any updates? Has any issues come up that you think might relate to the tune? I plan on getting a Cold Air Intake first, then a tune a little bit after. I want to know if it helps with the throttle response. Sometimes it takes a half second or more after I've pressed down on the gas pedal before the car starts accelerating, lol.
post #110 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:50 AM

Hello! I just purchased a 2019 Toyota Yaris Sedan (which, as you know is a rebadged Scion iA). I really love the fit and finish of the car, and how cozy it feels in the cabin due to its small size.However, I would love for it to have a bit more pep, not even a peak horsepower increase, but just a bit more responsiveness with the throttle pedal. Did anyone find that the OVT tune helped a bit with the throttle lag? Did it help with the torque in the lower RPMs?

And, as odd as it sounds, did it help create more response when you let OFF the gas pedal? I SO miss cars that REALLY respond when you let off the gas. This car seems to practically coast when i let off the gas and it reminds me of driving an automatic (mine is a manual) and it feels less safe and i have less control over the car like this. So, did the tune address that issue? Did it have a more immediate "engine braking" feel when you let off the gas? Sorry to overwhelm everyone with questions. I'm just really excited about my new car and excited that there is a tune for it (I DID confirm that it's still offered). Thanks for your response!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page