Scion iA ECM Tuning Possibilities - Scion IA Forum
 20Likes

post #1 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Scion iA ECM Tuning Possibilities

Hello Folks, my name is Mat, owner and tuner for OrangeVirus Tuning. www.ovtuned.com

We've been scouting out the Scion iA since we have heard of it's existence, and we have a question for you folks. We've done many calibrations and tunes for the mazda skyactiv engine, which is located in your cars, and we think we could bring calibrations to the scion market. We would like to find someone who currently owns a Scion iA / iM with the Mazda 1.5L engine, for some R&D with us.

please message here, or email me at [email protected]

We would really like to work with the scion community to bring performance calibrations and tuning for the iA and iM.

thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 07:29 AM

Hey Mat,

Thanks for looking into tuning our engines! Given that the JDM Miata seems to have the same 1.5L, but puts out about 23 more hp, I have assumed there is some room for this skyactiv to breath!

Looks like you guys are out in Colorado - hopefully someone out there can help you guys out, as id love to see some tuning options!

Just a note though- while the iA is a Skyactiv Mazda design, the iM uses a Toyota engine, same as the Corolla. So generally I would assume nothing is the same between the iA and iM.

Good luck and I am looking forward to your products!

-Richard
post #3 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-12-2015, 11:42 PM

Garage
Im down for a tune, i wish i was closer to you so i could help lol

2016 scion iA auto. Rolled fenders, Intake resonator removed, Grounded tb to chassis

post #4 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Moe

Once there are a couple people with the tune done with some feedback I can see some growing interest in people wanting to get this done as nothing speaks more than experience and seeing results.
post #5 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Once there are a couple people with the tune done with some feedback I can see some growing interest in people wanting to get this done as nothing speaks more than experience and seeing results.
Understandable, and we have plenty of dyno sheets of our work we can pass around.

In order to bring a tune to the Scion Family, we need a little help from the community.

We haven't seen these cars in person yet, so we don't know if the ECU is one we can rewrite. We need someone who has some spare time to locate the ECU, and read / take a picture of the ECU ID / Code or whatever info is labeled, and let us know what it is.

Whomever does so, will get a free tune from us, hardware and software included for free. (if the car is tunable)
post #6 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 11:03 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVTune View Post
Understandable, and we have plenty of dyno sheets of our work we can pass around.

In order to bring a tune to the Scion Family, we need a little help from the community.

We haven't seen these cars in person yet, so we don't know if the ECU is one we can rewrite. We need someone who has some spare time to locate the ECU, and read / take a picture of the ECU ID / Code or whatever info is labeled, and let us know what it is.

Whomever does so, will get a free tune from us, hardware and software included for free. (if the car is tunable)
I can go find the ecu right now, I'm off today lol I was looking at your website yesterday and I was impressed with your results

2016 scion iA auto. Rolled fenders, Intake resonator removed, Grounded tb to chassis
post #7 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 11:46 AM

Garage
Its behind the battery, easy to get to with a 10mm and 12mm wrench/ratchet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151014_113727.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	426  
richard_rsp likes this.

post #8 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVTune View Post

Looks like Tegwin found it! ^

Let me know if you need information from a manual transmission model as well, I'll be glad to help.
post #9 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 PM

Garage
The manual should be different, by logic lol or it would be a seperate computer just for the trans, or its just a safety switch pin lol idk these cars that well

post #10 of 113 (permalink) Old 10-15-2015, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegwin View Post
Its behind the battery, easy to get to with a 10mm and 12mm wrench/ratchet
Beautiful . We can tune these ECUs.
Do you have an email where we could contact you for further discussion?
Tegwin likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page