Does anyone have the SD Navigation ISO - Scion IA Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Does anyone have the SD Navigation ISO

i want to install it on my 2017 yaris ia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 05:18 AM

Garage
Buy one on Ebay.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukskywalka View Post
i want to install it on my 2017 yaris ia.
I got mine for eBay. It was a Toyota store. Accepted my offer of $90 shipped! Dealer wanted $400 plus tax and install. Just inserts into dash next to USB?s. Super good deal

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 02:25 PM

Can you give me a link to where you bought it? And is the map in color on the GPS?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 10:24 AM

I got mine from Amazon. Search for item B01N4VNYTD (Iíd include the link but Iím a new user here so the system wouldnít let me do that).

$160 isnít bad at all. Plus you have Amazon backing the sale. It came in original, sealed Toyota packaging and works fineóI think. I popped it into my computer to download the maps and can use the same method to update it for 3 years without any additional fee.

As far as color: well, there is SOME color on the display when using navigation. Red light cameras show up with a red/yellow/green stoplight symbol; the arrow pointing in the current direction is blue, etc. But the interface tends to be mostly black and white. Thatís fine, because it doesnít look very cluttered and the items in color really stand out, like they are supposed to.

My only issue right now is that I canít specify a destination outside of my own state; Iím looking into that to see if thatís just something I overlooked when I downloaded the map data.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 07:59 PM

Hey Rider,

Did you happen to figure it out, whether it works outside of your state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRider View Post
I got mine from Amazon. Search for item B01N4VNYTD (Iíd include the link but Iím a new user here so the system wouldnít let me do that).

$160 isnít bad at all. Plus you have Amazon backing the sale. It came in original, sealed Toyota packaging and works fineóI think. I popped it into my computer to download the maps and can use the same method to update it for 3 years without any additional fee.

As far as color: well, there is SOME color on the display when using navigation. Red light cameras show up with a red/yellow/green stoplight symbol; the arrow pointing in the current direction is blue, etc. But the interface tends to be mostly black and white. Thatís fine, because it doesnít look very cluttered and the items in color really stand out, like they are supposed to.

My only issue right now is that I canít specify a destination outside of my own state; Iím looking into that to see if thatís just something I overlooked when I downloaded the map data.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonT123 View Post
Hey Rider,

Did you happen to figure it out, whether it works outside of your state?
I haven't had a chance to research it more, but I'm leaving for a trip two states away in a few days and I have a couple of days off before then. So I hope I have a chance to experiment. The first thing I try will be to re-insert the chip into my computer, go to the update page, and see if any new downloads are there. And if there are, I'm hoping they might fix the problem.

Toyota's information on this stuff can be sketchy. I downloaded the manual and read it carefully, but there is no mention about how large an area the map covers. The last time I went to the same place it seemed to be able to get me around. Yet I couldn't enter a destination only 90 miles away when I tried. Weird.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 01:14 PM

Unhappy

I figured it out. It was operator error...though in my defense, it seemed somewhat unintuitive.

I live in Illinois. So when I tell it I want to enter a destination, it defaults to "United States, Illinois". It then asks for a city or zip code. I thought I should be able to just type in the zip code for anywhere in the US, but it doesn't work that way.

No, I had to first change my current location to "United States, Wisconsin" before it would allow me to enter an address in Wisconsin. That was the only way to do it. None of the other GPS systems or apps I've used work that way; this is what was throwing me off. So at least I know how to do it.

For my upcoming trip to Ohio, I had the addresses of both people I'm planning to visit in my phone's contact list. It was easy to import each of them as a Favorite in the car's nav system, so I can get to them with just a couple of button presses.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page