2019 Toyota Yaris Sedan - Scion IA Forum

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cool 2019 Toyota Yaris Sedan

From cnet.com. Any thoughts?

Code:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2019-toyota-yaris-sedan-new-york-auto-show/
The Toyota Yaris Sedan drops the "iA" from its name for 2019. Yes, the de-Scioning of Toyota's lineup is complete, much like how the refreshed 2019 Corolla Hatchback no longer uses the name "iM." But while the Corolla gets a pretty substantial update, the Yaris Sedan -- which is still based on the not-for-US Mazda2 -- carries on with only a few minor tweaks.

While the previous Yaris iA was a mono-spec affair, the 2019 Yaris Sedan will be available in L, LE and XLE trims. Standard equipment across the board includes a 7-inch infotainment display, backup camera, USB port and cruise control. A low-speed pre-collision system is also standard, which is cool for a car at this price. But if you want adaptive cruise control or blind-spot monitoring, you'll have to look elsewhere.

The little sedan keeps most of its old look, with the exception of a new honeycomb insert in the grille and some piano black and chrome trim. LE and XLE trims get 16-inch alloy wheels, fog lights and power outside heated mirrors with LED turn signals. The fancy-pants XLE ups it just a bit with leatherette seats and genuine leather-wrapped wheel, LED headlights and automatic wipers.

There's no word on whether Apple CarPlay will be included, as it was in the 2019 Toyota Corolla hatchback. But hey, we can hope.

Under the hood is the same engine as last year: A 1.5-liter I4 engine good for 106 horsepower and 103 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed manual transmission is standard while a six-speed automatic is available. There's even a sport mode for what the company calls "improved torque feel," whatever that means.

The 2019 Yaris hasn't been certified by the EPA just yet, but I expect we'll see the same fuel economy as last year. That means 35 miles per gallon combined for the automatic and 34 combined with the manual.

Pricing has not yet been announced, but the current Yaris starts at $15,950, and I expect it to stay in the same ballpark. The 2019 Yaris sedan will hit dealers in the fall of 2018 following its debut at the New York Auto Show this week.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 12:34 AM

I hope the new projector headlights are plug and play with ours. I definitely plan on getting those, the new grille and fog lights, maybe even the gunmetal grey rims eventually. Does anyone know if the heated mirrors can hook up to the 2016-2018 iAs? Also want that steering wheel too, lol.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idksomuch View Post
I hope the new projector headlights are plug and play with ours. I definitely plan on getting those, the new grille and fog lights, maybe even the gunmetal grey rims eventually. Does anyone know if the heated mirrors can hook up to the 2016-2018 iAs? Also want that steering wheel too, lol.
I hope we can use the projector headlights on the 2016-2018 models.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 06:04 PM

Dammm... still ugly bumper...

Last edited by WilsonT123; 03-31-2018 at 06:09 PM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 12:22 AM

Garage
it is very good looking grill!!! it is in your head! look at lexus grills/bumpers!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 06:09 PM

Garage
It will not going to be plug and play- 2016/2017 iA/ mazda 2 sedan has no fog lights wiring or switches for those extras, so it will need wiring and installing push buttons on your dash- but of course it can be done. Gill itself will fit perfectly- rest off it just matter of time or money
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
First look...

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAoperator View Post
It will not going to be plug and play- 2016/2017 iA/ mazda 2 sedan has no fog lights wiring or switches for those extras, so it will need wiring and installing push buttons on your dash- but of course it can be done. Gill itself will fit perfectly- rest off it just matter of time or money
Assuming the fogs on the 2019 car is similar to the ones on the 2016-2018, it shouldn't be too hard. The wiring is actually all there and installing the foglight switch is pretty simple according to others who have done the mod. The grille should be plug and play hopefully. I'm just curious about the headlights. I've been dying for projectors because I much prefer the way they look compared to cheapo-looking reflectors. I guess we'll find out if the new headlights are plug 'n play in the coming months.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 01:04 AM

Garage
You probably right- it is mazda 2 sedan and mazda 2 has option for fog lights, so wiring must be there! Switch is no problem then. I'm sure grill will be plug and play and headlights will be plug and play. I do agree about more modern look of new headlights, but not the functionality, I did install philips bulbs

and for this particular car headlights works fantasticly well- it beats most off other more fancy cars headligts by iliuminating road and sidewalks without blinding upcoming drivers and no fog ligsts is needed at all- I drive mainly at night and I'm taxi driver- I know what I'm talking about. New led or hid have one or two problems- they blind upcoming driver, illumination area is just in front and then is cut off, so you need whatever extra like fog lights. But i'm very well understand your fillings about headlights looking chip, so install White/Yellow Switchback LED Light Bulbs

you will need resistors to prvent hiper frash, but the you have led driving ligs ligts with switch to turn ligts and dontburn your headligts bulbs. I did spend about $2000 on upgrades- bulbs where one of the first think I did.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-06-2018, 04:13 AM

So I went ahead and re-read a few of the articles about this 2019 model, including the one posted by OP. Apparently, only the top trim gets the LED headlights while the lower trims gets halogens with the LED DRL strip. My friend was worried that if the headlights were LEDs, it might not be plug and play but if there is an option for halogens then maybe it won't be so difficult at all. I just wonder how the LED DRL strip is going to come into play when it comes time to hook everything up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion IA Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page