Scion IA Forum banner

Noise when turning or going over bump.

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  TheFatOne 
#1 ·
It sounds like someone tossing a pebble at the right side of my car sometimes when turning right or just after right turn when speeding back up. Also when going over a speed bump at an angle. Anyone else have this problem? I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't find anything wrong.

#2 ·
How many miles on your iA? My right front strut mount started making noise around 35k and at 48k I had it changed. Now at 56k I think the left one is going bad. Definitely the weak link in this car. BTW, i see you're from Kansas City - Adam's is who did mine. They were expensive, but gave me a loaner and stood behind their work when the noise returned a few days later. They fixed it right the second time at no additional cost.

#4 ·
I got it from Molle. I have 7600 miles. I took it back again they heard the noise this time. They loosened cradle bolts and retightened said it was good. It was x10 worse when I drove it away. I took it back again and they removed and replaced the dash pad to secure sub-straight. Noise while turning seems to be gone but it still happens over some bumps. The warranty has paid for everything but I'm getting tired of taking it there.

#6 ·
Hello Davidk21,
I have a 2017 Yaris iA doing the exact same noise you describe, under the same conditions, but on the driver's side.
Dealer and shops have been unable to find the source. It's just frustrating.
On your post you mentioned "they removed and replaced the dash pad to secure sub-straight". But I'm not sure what is that.
Can you please give more details about what they did to fix that noise on your car?
Best regards.
Sergio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.