Scion IA Forum banner

1 year old Hatchback

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Mazda iA fan 
#1 ·
I got a 2020 Yaris Hatchback, which is a Yaris iA without a truck. Or, a Mazda 2.
Not being sold for 2021, so a 1 year model.

Maybe get some info, even if not as busy as other car sites.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.
I think almost all of us are one year model owners. It must be the only car to have so many names in such a short life. Yours is the most exclusive.

While I like the exclusiveness, we also don’t have the problems that typically brings: reliability and lack of parts. Our cars should run 200,000 miles without much more than normal maintenance. Most parts are common Mazda parts and the Mazda2 hatch is sold in one part of the US. (A teaser I will let hang out there.)

Take a look at the interior of the Miata and notice the similarities.

#4 ·
You are correct. I was amazed that they went through all the hoops to get it US legal and only sold it in one place.

The Yaris forum limitation makes sense. The two vehicles have nothing in common. One that did not make sense to me was the Supra forum. The moderators set up a section for the new BMW built Supra’s yet the old members are brutal to the new guys.

You may want to look at a Mazda or Mazda3 forum. They likely have more common issues and topics. (SD navigation card, Skyactiv technology, carbon build up, display screen, tires) Nothing major but more related to our iAs than the other Yarises. Yari?

#5 ·
On Yaris world, owners of older ones don't accept it, expecting an 'all Toyota car'. But, my last word there was "Mazda is part owned by Toyota now, and part of their family" and moved on. I had 2008 and 2016 Yaris before an was interested in the hatch when unveiled in New York.

BTW: In Australia, they are saying next Mazda 2 will be based on overseas Yaris. But, won't be sold here.

Current iA/Mazda 2 is based on pre-2019 Mazda 3, same 6 speed transmission. Also, the CX3 is a CUV version of the 2, but not sure if it will be around much longer.

#11 ·
I don’t drive close to the limits either. If I did, I would have recommended that you build up speed in the straight sections and don’t slow down for the curves.

The saying that “driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow” is 100% true. I would also say that driving a slow car at the speed limit is more fun than driving a fast car at the speed limit. I love driving our Scion on back winding roads and have not gotten a speeding ticket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.