Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sales of the Scion FR-S have bee faltering as of late. In March 893 were sold, and that number is down from the 1464 that were sold in March of last year. Scion is hoping that a nice collection of updates will be just the thing to give a boost to sales.

The Scion FR-S's all black interior has been embellished with silver trim on the dashboard, steering wheel, doors, and center console. There is also a new, standard 7.0" touch screen display. Scion has also added a backup camera, and two new exterior colors (Ablaze Red and Oceanic Blue). All these upgrades and Scion has only bumped up the price of the FR-S by $405. That means the 2016 Scion FR-S starts at $26,075 for the six-speed manual. Those wanting the six-speed, paddle-shifted automatic transmission will have to pay an extra $1100.

These are a nice set of changes, but do they have any chance of reinvigorating FR-S sales?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/if-at-fr-s-you-dont-succeed-scion-updates-fr-s-again-for-2016/

·
Registered
370 Posts
As great as these are, it'll help sales increase slightly.

Not sure what Scion needs to do to turn it into a stronger product but things aren't looking good, second generation might not happen, they'll have to ride this one out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading that it is a great vehicle. The problem is that all the people who wanted one bought it already.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was reading that it is a great vehicle. The problem is that all the people who wanted one bought it already.
Where were you reading its a great vehicle? What exactly about the FR-S makes it "great"? Because that's something i'd like to know.

Post links to where you were reading this from.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Some people were worried about the possibility of the FR-S and BRZ getting axed, anyone know if that is still the case?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where were you reading its a great vehicle? What exactly about the FR-S makes it "great"? Because that's something i'd like to know.

Post links to where you were reading this from.
The FRS is an affordable performance vehicle. It fills a segment that not many other cars are in so that was something that made it a nice new comer on the scene as well.

Car and Driver wrote:

After debuting to much acclaim in 2013—the Scion and its Subaru BRZ twin were both named to our 10Best Cars list that year—sales have slid in large part because pretty much everybody who wanted one of the tail-happy rear-drivers bought one.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/if-at-fr-s-you-dont-succeed-scion-updates-fr-s-again-for-2016/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts