Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I write a little guide on getting the best price for the Scion iA 2016. If you look throughout the forum it seems like a good deal is under 15K for auto before taxes and fees, not sure what the manual is.

If you have TIME then I recommend going to a dealer and test drive the car and ask them what is the best price they can give you. Afterwards tell them directly that you WILL be going to other dealers in PERSON to see if they can match or beat that price by a good MARGIN. Most likely the dealer will try to say how they have the most AWARD or best service in this or that. Or discuss Scion No Haggle price conditions and stuff (ignore all this). Regardless this is your money we're fighting for and just be frank and walk away. If the dealer gives you an offer under 15k or around 15k then it's probably a good deal but feel free to continue fighting visiting other dealers to see what they can do.

If you don't have the TIME then I just low ball them with 14.5k or 15k or 15.5k or you'll walk save some time.

Check iA Manual Vs. Automatic thread - a few of guys are getting the (autos) vehicle at 14.5k + all tax and fees.

The 500$ cashback + 60% Promo got extended from May 2 all the way to May 30. According to my dealer and they're not getting any new iA in stock and they only gave me that deal because they're trying to unload most of their Scion iA to their transition to Toyota. Seems like a good time to buy at 14.5k it's nearly 17% off MSRP. 20% is a lucky number but our car is already pretty cheap.

Hope this helps =), feel free to post the price you got and the region you're getting it from.

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is actually extremely helpful to first time new-car buyers. Dealers will always tend to try and use fancy terms and "policies" to skew you, but there is always wiggle room.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid $14,443 before tax, doc, and registration fees (gov't gets their share) for a priced leader Sterling manual from Family Toyota in Burleson, TX. A dealer 1.5 miles from my house wouldn't even match that price. So yes, if you can pick up an auto for around $15K, you're doing great.

At that price, the car came with a trunk carpeted pad, those door entry way "Scion" scuff plates, and the $299 vehicle protection package; scotch guard on seats, sealant, etc.

As we get closer to the "closing" of the Scion name, I'm hearing August/16, we'll probably see some great deals out there. Work with your dealer's Internet Mgr., ask to see the invoice price, and work down from there. They want to get rid of their Scion inventory as we approach the Toyota turnover. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts