Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a software engineer so I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I'm not a stupid individual. General guidance and pointers should be enough to get me started (Although information can be difficult to find for newer cars it seems). I bought a 2017 yaris ia, and it's a surprisingly sporty and snappy little car. I'd like to push that a little further, while being aware that this is not a sports car. The first thing I'm looking at is the OV tune:

ovtuned/products/scion-ia-skyactiv-tune-kit-gb (Add the www and com to the first word since I can't post links)

I pinged them to see if it would work with the yaris and it will. I'm also waiting on a follow up to see what this does besides horsepower (better responsiveness off the block one would hope). One of the lines in the readme is:

"20+ BHP gains on vehicles with EXHAUST modifications (mid pipe specifically)"

If I go looking for aftermarket midpipes, will a 2016 scion fit the bill for this car? Then too, I probably need to change out the muffler?

Other than this (not necessarily referring to the mid pipe), what can a guy with no garage reasonably do to his car to make it snappier and more responsive?

·
Registered
95 Posts
If it fits the 2016 Scion iA, it will fit the Yaris iA. They're the exact same car except for the Toyota badge in place of the Scion badge. You should probably know that this car is a rebadged 2016 Mazda2. The only differences are the front end of the car, some different colors in the interior, and the Toyota badge of course.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it fits the 2016 Scion iA, it will fit the Yaris iA. They're the exact same car except for the Toyota badge in place of the Scion badge. You should probably know that this car is a rebadged 2016 Mazda2. The only differences are the front end of the car, some different colors in the interior, and the Toyota badge of course.
Thank you for the reply! Yea, I had noticed there was a lot of re branding going on. It's cars all the way down lol. I actually did the mazda infotainment hack already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts