Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was always curious about what 'iA' stood for.
Recently Scion made the following statement on what it could stand for...

With an EPA-estimated 40 mpg, the A in iA could stand for affordable or adventurous for all the places you can go before having to fill up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well, not all adventures involve going offroad. Might be talking about your adventure to, I dunno, some destination that you can afford a trip to because you saved money on your vehicle.

·
Registered
164 Posts
or it could stand for adulthood... all this rhetoric about it being a great first car... I'm surprised they didnt go for that... or is it too demeaning to millenialls who think they have been adults since they were 11 or 12...

·
Registered
370 Posts
or it could stand for adulthood... all this rhetoric about it being a great first car... I'm surprised they didnt go for that... or is it too demeaning to millenialls who think they have been adults since they were 11 or 12...
I like to think of what it should stand for being something that ejects an emotion that taps into selling the iA, since that's what really matters and 'affordable' sure does accomplish that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The iA was designed to appeal to the younger generation so he's not too far off. :p
I just found it funny that the name came from putting random letters together. Makes me wonder what other models names were randomly put together.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think they really just put some random letters together and then find meaning for them later. In the end with modern vehicles, the name means nothing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think they really just put some random letters together and then find meaning for them later. In the end with modern vehicles, the name means nothing.
Oh yea? What do you think the sales potential of the Scion Kunty is or the Scion Medicated Goo?

Might not sell a car, but it can certainly NOT sell a car...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are companies that have a specific job of coming up with a names for big brands and their products. When it comes to making money and growing an investment portfolio, random is not a word you'll find, but you'll find definite reasons... but clearly they haven't been telling us that yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts