Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
iA Owners rejoice! A dedicated Scion iA/Yaris iA Cold Air Intake has been made by AEM. I just found this today and will almost definitely be buying this for the summer, and if I get enough money, as well as the OV Tune.

+7 HP (the website has dyno stats)
+9 LBS torque

Here is the link: https://www.aemintakes.com/search/product.aspx?prod=21-804C

Scion iA Cold Air Intake 2.jpg

Scion iA Cold Air Intake.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have one with the prefilter installed, I love the sound and with the OV Tune makes it even sprightlier
I am planning on getting this for the summer. I am only 19 so the intake should do for now. Would it be possible to do a video or two of the intake sound and 0-60?

Also, which prefilter did you get? Is it an AEM?

·
Registered
188 Posts
It is the AEM one, I found it on Amazon but it was still expensive. Cost about $25. I bought it because we have so much pollen here in NC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is the AEM one, I found it on Amazon but it was still expensive. Cost about $25. I bought it because we have so much pollen here in NC.
I'm thinking about buying it too. It's expensive, but seems worth it. I am moving to GA soon, and will have the car in VA where I go to school.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you are ever close to this way you are more than welcome to look at it to check it out. I like the pre filter also because it reduces the color of the red filter, I like things subdued.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would highly suggest tuning it after the intake install. After I installed mine I felt small gains and a much different sound from the system... but after tuning it is a monster. i am driving manual however and I do not know the way it handles as an automatic.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Did you tune it? How? I'm getting my intake just for fun and I did get one before- for my previous scion, any way its not going to become monster- unless u r 19 and car you was allowed to drive was ur dad's old pick up truck

·
Registered
19 Posts
WHo ever has done this mod. Effect on fuel economy? Better worse? Maybe somebody who?s done a few thousand miles with the intake can chime in? All down for the power but most are here for the fuel economy

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you looking for fuel economy- don't waste the money. I have intake and it didn't make any significant fuel economy or made car a monster :). It seems that it became more responsive on low rpm, better 0-60. But I also modified exhaust- air comes in with less restriction, but muffler prevents gases to come out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd like to add to this. I installed mine a week ago. I'm getting a tune from OVTune, just waiting on them to give me all the information I need to set up the software for the ODBll. The intake alone isn't going to do anything performance-wise. It'll add a lot of sound, however. The sound is a low growl when you step on the gas pedal. You can't hear it at low RPMs but once you press on the gas, you'll get it. It sounds pretty good, if a bit ricey. If you plan on getting the intake, make sure you plan on getting your car tuned to take advantage of it, otherwise you're just wasting a couple hundred dollars since your car doesn't know how to make use of the "cold air."

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did drop it in a year ago- no tuning needed, but CPU got confused in cold weather, so just reboot cpu. However without exhaust modification air intake does nothing. With exhaust and air intake- its fun!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did put this one in year ago- I'm sceptical about stats, but it seems somewhat better torque- especially after modification of exhaust.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts