Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just discovered this forum. Lots of helpful information here!
I'm considering buying an IA and already put $500 down because they want a deposit to get the color I wanted from another location. I thought the price they gave me was decent for automatic transmission ($15540 after various rebates), but after searching this forum it seems like people got automatic for under 15K. I feel so stupid. Should I walk away from this deal or try to negotiate some more, which is hard since I already put down the deposit. I'm really not good at dealing with dealerships........

Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just discovered this forum. Lots of helpful information here!
I'm considering buying an IA and already put $500 down because they want a deposit to get the color I wanted from another location. I thought the price they gave me was decent for automatic transmission ($15540 after various rebates), but after searching this forum it seems like people got automatic for under 15K. I feel so stupid. Should I walk away from this deal or try to negotiate some more, which is hard since I already put down the deposit. I'm really not good at dealing with dealerships........

Thanks!
If they're getting it from another dealership then your wiggle room just dropped. It's usually the car on the lot that you have the most haggle room. You're paying an extra 1k for your color so enjoy it =)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think the margin of difference at this point will be pointless. I agree with the above, don't worry about it, and enjoy your colour !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Its a lot of vehicle for that money. Not sure how many actually got an automatic out the door for under $15K on this forum. I find it hard to believe. Not saying, someone may have....But a lot?

Something just south of $15,000 is roughly 12% off factory Invoice. TrueCar has an exceptional price of 16,150, or 6.7% off factory Invoice. Mine was $15,700 and I was happy to get a deal like this.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Its a lot of vehicle for that money. Not sure how many actually got an automatic out the door for under $15K on this forum. I find it hard to believe. Not saying, someone may have....But a lot?

Something just south of $15,000 is roughly 12% off factory Invoice. TrueCar has an exceptional price of 16,150, or 6.7% off factory Invoice. Mine was $15,700 and I was happy to get a deal like this.
it's not fair to state the out the door price because taxes and fees varies from state to state. We usually discuss net price (price before all the tax and fees). Mine was $14,600. + tax and fees and with tax and fees I almost hit 16k.

·
Registered
370 Posts

It sure is. The only way to get that good of value in a vehicle or better is to buy used. Doing that and buying the right vehicle and for the right price, you can really come out winning. Making it even better, buying used to you don't have to worry about that big depreciation in price a new car takes once rolling off the dealership floor.

·
Registered
211 Posts
$15.5 k is pretty average and you'll be getting the color you really wanted. You'll be staring at that car for a long while to come so may as well pay that $500 for what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts