Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this to my 2017 Yaris iA, following those instructions you showed where you press the three buttons on your console and type in some numbers to start the update.

I went from 55.00.754 NA N to '70.000.100 NA A Failsafe' to '70.000.100 NA A' and finally to 70.000.367.

This changes the branding to Mazda, and the colors to red, but almost everything remains the same, I'm currently running the latest version without any problems. This weekend I hope to install the new USB hub and wiring so I can use Android Auto.
I have a 2017 iA and I just ordered the replacement usb hub. Where can I find the firmware versions? I'm currently on 55.00.754 N

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also interested in this. Can one do the software update without replacing the existing usb hub?
I'm pretty sure based on all the information I've found so far that you need two things. They're sold on amazon as a $150 kit mentioned above or you can buy them separately but it's the USB interface and upgraded wiring from the newer cars. It has a specific USB plug that's marked with a cell phone indicator to show it's CarPlay / Android Auto compatible.

I got them both in yesterday but I need to kind of piece together how the dashboard and interior trim comes apart because I need access to swap out the USB hub and route the new cables to the back of the existing head unit. I assume at this point I'm just gonna be using spreader/pry tools on the dash trim to gain access to that but I'd be a lot happier if I had some proper information on how all that trim comes apart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take the small trim in front of The screen out, unbolt two bolts under. Then lift up and remove the trim behind the screen and the radio comes right out.
Awesome, do you know the procedure to pop the USB hub out? I planned on doing a whole video of the install and MMI upgrade this weekend. The videos I've seen of the mazda guys do it it's actually in their armrest but ours is under the HVAC controls. I assume that whole panel pops out, I'll just have to play around a bit with it because I'll need to route the cables up to the HU from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts