Scion IA Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed this in my Toyota Yaris 2019. Yes it fits. Toyota was hesitant to sell it to me because they weren't sure it was for this car, but it fits perfectly.

The "mystery plastic pieces".... You could go without them, but I believe they're intended to make it pivot more smoothly and to reduce wear. They go between the pivoting portion and the tower "fork". Using scotch tape or painter's tape (not very sticky) I held them in place before placing the arm on the tower, then pulled the tape out.

Also, the end caps fit just fine, but you have to get them in right. One is for the left and the other is for the right -- They're not identical. There is a notch on each side, indicating which direction they go in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since edits must be accomplished within 10 minutes, here's how I intended to edit:

Just installed this in my Toyota Yaris 2019. Yes it fits. Toyota was hesitant to sell it to me because they weren't sure it was for this car, but it fits perfectly.

The "mystery plastic pieces".... You could go without them, but I believe they're intended to make it pivot more smoothly and to reduce wear. They go between the pivoting portion and the tower "fork". Notice the disks fit right in the holes and can swivel in that position. Place the disks in their holes, then using scotch tape or painter's tape (something not very sticky) I held the plastic pieces and the disks in place with a portion of tape exposed outside the "fork", before placing the armrest between them on the tower. To get them properly aligned in advance, I ran the bolt through without the armrest. Once the amrest was in place bolt was placed through all parts, I pulled the tape out.

Also, the end caps fit just fine, but you have to get them in right. One is for the left and the other is for the right -- They're not identical. There's a letter P stamped inside one and a letter D on the other. (Ah, I just realized that means Driver and Passenger.) There is a small notch in each with a corresponding tab for the side they go on. In both cases this notch is diagonally down and toward the front of the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read somewhere that the compartment in the pad is for a Phone, sounds better than having it rattling around in the USB cubby.

as long as it stays put when Braking.:O

a concept : put a port in the hole so the phone is plugged in when inserted into the arm rest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a much cheaper alternative option than the $200 OEM to your armrest search. I just got a chinese made after market armrest for $28 with free shipping and it is actually quite nice. It is for Mazda cx3 and you have to cut off about an 1 and 1/4 inch off of the housing( it is plastic and I used a rotary cutoff. Once it is cut, and top part put together, it fits and works perfectly. you even salvage the cupholders depending on how much you slide it up front.

·
Registered
1 Posts
spare parts available

dealership broke mine when installing.. sent me a 2nd kit but won't be using all the parts. let me know if anybody needs spare parts off this assembly. u pay shipping. reply back for specifics
Hi, I know this post is old but I can't seem to find the right bracket. I ordered two from the dealership and it seems they have all changed to the cx-3 bracket which doesn't fit. Anybody know where to find the right bracket?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts