Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Scion iA since 11/15. I have had times where the bluetooth won't connect, this issue is different. Starting yesterday I got into my car started it and waited for my phone to connect after it did I used the scroll wheel to go to "Entertainment" when I clicked on it nothing happened. I tried turning the volume up and down on both of the center column and the steering wheel and nothing happens. I instantly turned the car off and back on with failed to fix the problem multiple times. I have replaced fuses, disconnected the battery, factory reset through screen options... Nothing has worked. I have noticed the 25Amp and 15 Amp fuses for the Audio 1 and Audio 2 look like they have been heated up but the fuse is still intact in the center and the plastic is not melted. However I replaced them. I also replaced the fuses to the Radio and to Meter 1 thinking that may control something causing the issue. I have also tried looking for a Gracenote download to reinstall the software but failed via the Toyota web page that says "click here" then fails. Honestly I am out of trouble shooting steps and frankly pissed off that this happened out of nowhere.

I currently still cannot click on the entertainment icon. I cannot listen the the radio, aux, or bluetooth.

When I use the scroll wheel I can click on "Applications", "Navigation", "Communication"(It shows my call log but I cannot call or receive calls and talk through the car), and "Settings"...

I have had issues with this car since the beginning starting with an alarm issue, then at around 38,000 miles I had to have the entire transmission replaced, now this is happening... Honestly I am sick of having issues with my car.

If anyone knows how to trouble shoot the audio issue please let me know. Besides the answer the Toyota dealership says, saying come in and pay $120 for us to diagnose the issue...:(

·
Registered
34 Posts
To manually restart the Infotainment System, press and hold Mute + Nav + Back for 10 seconds.

You might want to upgrade the CMU to the latest mazda software since its more stable. What happen to your transmission? Its auto or manual? Mine was fixed at 428 miles, but its manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today for some reason all of the audio came back, not complaining. I am hoping it isn't a short somewhere. I downloaded Mazda's software for the Mazda 3 and upgraded it on the car, version 7.0 I believe.

Regarding my transmission, it is automatic. The car would start shaking a lot when I came to a stop while in drive. This started around 34,000 miles. Eventually the car started stalling when I stopped in drive on occasion. I took it in and of course it didn't do it that day, with no HUD lights to display an issue. A few weeks later it started again but worse. When I would take it out of park it would stall every time unless I instantly stepped on the gas. When I came to a stop I would put it in neutral to stop it from stalling. The check engine and a few other lights came on so I took it in that day. The Toyota dealership couldn't find a cause to the issue so they replaced the entire transmission. I was supposed to find out what happened but "The Toyota factory still hasn't sent any information regarding the issue.". It does idle semi rough sometimes.

I guess I am just going to wait until the issue happens again and bring it in(that or the next issue).

I love the car honestly, I am just tired of issues. I do all of the routine maintenance on it myself and drive it like a 4 Cylinder should(not fast). I have almost 60,000 miles on it now, so I am really hoping the issues stop, however unlikely that hope is.

Thanks for the tip on the reset, if it happens again I will try that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have the native software in my Scion (Yaris R in Mexico), and have had the same issue about the audio since 2 months ago, did you solve it in a specifically way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts