Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2016 Toyota Scion IA. Has anyone replaced battery yet? I have 50k miles on it. My check engine light came on. Just a solid orange. I drove it over to Autozone to have diagnostics ran. Guy bsc said no big deal just drive on it to reset it. Real short with me so I asked him to test the battery he couldnt get a reading not sure why. Should I just go ahead and replace the battery and see it the light goes off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
when the battery is defective it gives code. If you still have the factory battery, I recommend you replace it, the battery model used by the vehicle is group 35

·
Registered
17 Posts
Replace the battery. And don't trust any ordinary Autozone folk. They will do the test but I doubt they are paying attention to thoroughly talk about what the issue could be. You could never go wrong by replacing the battery first before anything else.

I have already replaced mine after an Autozone person told me it was probably the alternator. Had a second opinion, replaced the battery, and haven't had issues since.

·
Registered
147 Posts
don't go to AutoZone ever- there nobody knows anything about auto maintenance- most of the species present there don't even own the car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts