Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like the ia are going to make a bad impression on other drivers... Getting high mpg means driving very slow.... Lol....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got 42.5 mpg average for a tank two weeks in a row before we dropped into the high 20s. Now I'm getting around 39 mpg average per tank.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I reader walk- your mpg indicated that your are hazzard on the road- hate those morons holding traffic creating dangerous situations, because they can- **** you assholess!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I reset my MPG's on every fill up and I usually average from 38 to 41 mpg (70% hwy and 30% city). I drive 75 mph when I drive on the hwy. I have a 6 speed manual, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
43-48 mpg in spring/summer. 38-40 mpg in winter. This car doesn't like the cold. Just like any other car I guess but I never tracked gas mileage in my old car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've only been averaging 29 on this tank according to the computer. Lot of city driving though...And some spirited driving. I've been meaning to figure gas mileage at a fill up but I don't remember to write down the mileage since there's no tripometer (that I can tell).

·
Registered
3 Posts
About 51 highest, most constantly see about 42-44 with lion's share on the freeway. My commute is 54 miles each way, with the trip home often in significant stop and go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
69.5mpg doing 60 consistently with a little semi truck following action.
Usual 60mph runs with the AC off ( in the far right lane of course ) result in mid 50's - low 60's.

One day i want to crack 70, but it's easier said than done.
Oh yeah, my car is a manual and i've been hypermiling various cars for 13 years.

City driving fuel economy is much lower - in the 30's-40's, hence the lower average.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
69.5 mpg is unreal...I don't think I will ever see these numbers with my driving habits.
The most I think I've ever seen is 55 mpg under ideal driving conditions that includes 70 degree outside temperature and predominantly highway driving at 55-60 mph.
As I mentioned in my other post, the gas mileage drops significantly when the outside temperature is below freezing. Like 5-10 mpg lower than the average. I'm still averaging 42 mpg overall and I'm quite happy with that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts