Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new brake pads in the front, having a hard time finding the correct part number. I get the Toyota part # but that gets me nowhere. I usually get EBC Green pads for my cars, but they don't know what the iA takes.
So if you have a Mazda part # please let me know.
Thanks

PS I found the post with calipers and shims...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I need new brake pads in the front, having a hard time finding the correct part number. I get the Toyota part # but that gets me nowhere. I usually get EBC Green pads for my cars, but they don't know what the iA takes.
So if you have a Mazda part # please let me know.
Thanks

PS I found the post with calipers and shims...
Use RockAuto.com, here's the direct link for the brake pads:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...l+l4,3435548,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amazon

Hi, I recently replaced my front pads and rotors on my iA... I was able to get pads and rotors as a set for under $100. I've driven about 500 miles on them and they work better than the oem brakes. For some reason I can't post the link but they are manufactured by R1 Concepts and they are sold on amazon.

PS> I was skeptical at first but I was able to contact the seller and they were able to verify that the rotors had 4 holes for the studs instead of 5 as seen in the picture. It's a default picture.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mazda part # DAY4-33-28ZA
Got a set of OEM for under $40.
At 44K miles I really didn't need new pads, the piston side was worn more than the slave side, but it was nowhere near needing replacement. Freaking Toyota dealership taking us for a ride again.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah I got my rotors and platinum pads from advanced and they are way better than stock for some reason. Oem pads kept warping my rotors. These no problems at all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.