Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there:

I've only had the IA for 400 miles and I have already noticed something rather unusual when moving from a stop in 1st gear ( I have the manual).
I can hear and feel the brakes sticking or not fully disengaging until I hit about 3-5mph. That only occurs from a stop.
I was wondering if anyone driving the manual or automatic noticed the brakes dragging in 1st gear and from a stop.

·
Registered
370 Posts
maybe you need to have the brake fluid flushed and ensure that part of the braking system is at a state it should be at.
have you tried contacting the dealer as yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no hills in Michigan to test it on haha
I did not bring it to the dealership yet. I wanted to know if anyone was experiencing some sort of rubbing noise/stickiness when driving off from a stop.
I'll definitely stop at the dealership this weekend.
Not that it's something you want to do after 400miles ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Could definitely be something with the brake fluid. Possibly even the caliper itself ? Interested to see what the diagnosis is especially given you're at 400 miles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roadtrap, I have about the same amount of miles. Same thing happens with my manual. I thought it might be the hill assist feature or whatever Scmazyota calls it. Curious as the new pads "seat" themselves if this becomes less apparent. Feedback later. Planning to go to the mountains in NC this weekend, and shake lil' red down a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I won't have the opportunity to bring it in for another week. Let me know if you find anything out in the meantime. Does it only happen in first and when you drive off from a stop?

Fr-S... Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only time that I have noticed it is driving off from a stop just for the first few feet, but not all the time. I'll try to be more aware of incline or flat for the next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts