Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up? Im new to the community, I got my iA on the 4th of july and I'm loving it. Its comfortable and stylish, but I wasn't too happy about the engine. I know many people say "The car is great in fuel economy" and that is true but I feel like it still lacks a much needed push. My previous car was a toyota corolla le 2015 and it was more responsive in terms of the engine, nothing crazy but hey...it got me around well. The iA makes up for its engine in looks, which is why I got it, Im a huge fan of the interior and I think its beautifully designed. Hopefully in a couple of years I can move up to an Frs if all goes well. Im what many peoplw would call a "car enthusiast on a budget", so every now and then I'll add little things to my car. This weekend I was planning on inviting some friends over and working on the car. We're going to lift the iA and remove the rims for some much needed attention. I hope to give the car some color if you know what Im saying :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
OVTuned's iA programming has definitely spiced mine up, it seems that fuel economy has taken a few MPG hit (I've also been running the AC a lot more as well so I'm not sure exactly how much) and has made up for the lack of push!

·
Registered
9 Posts
OVTuned's iA programming has definitely spiced mine up, it seems that fuel economy has taken a few MPG hit (I've also been running the AC a lot more as well so I'm not sure exactly how much) and has made up for the lack of push!
Hey man how much of a jump do you feel? And how much did it cost?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't have dyno figures or anything but I would estimate, only estimate, about 15% increase. I have noticed that my gas mileage does go down when I romp on it, this little car is fun! When I am gentle on the throttle I can consistently break 45 MPG on the readout. It has been fun and I have learned quite a bit. The personalized tuning and learning can be factored in to the price which has made it worth it in my opinion along with he increased power and drivability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts