Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now there's bubbling paint along the bottom on the inside of all the doors, along the bottoms of the front fenders (inside) and underneath the weatherstripping at the bottom of each door frame. I noticed all this when I was detailing the car today, and it wasn't there a month and a week ago (the last time I personally detailed it, since then I've taken it to get washed, dried, and vacuumed at the dealer 3 times because I was in the area and it's free)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bring it to your dealership and have them look it over. Paint defects should be under warranty but I have no idea how they can fix this problem.
I'm going to lemon law the car if they don't offer to take it back, then I'm getting a Optima SX Turbo or Cadenza or Taurus SHO... something along those lines anyways... something a bit bigger and faster but still decent on gas, and something that'll last a while like this should've.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be highly upset if i was in your situation I'd want to drive it into the side of the dealership
I'm considering 'accidentally' stalling the car in the intersection by the dealership if they won't give me my money back without a fight... make a right turn, car dies and gets smacked by a truck just hard enough to total it, insurance replaces the car and my rates stay the same because I've got accident forgiveness...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Holy moly again ?! Definitely take it back at this point. I wouldn't even waste time trying to get them to fix it. You've dealt with so much darn nonsense with this vehicle, I would probably spazz so hard I'd get a heart-attack and sue them for my medical bills.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My uncle "accidentally" popped one of the little paint bubbles and it was nice and rusty underneath... I'm waiting to see what they say right now, and I've got a 2015 Ford Taurus SHO on its way from one ford dealer to the one by me so I can look at it and (possibly) buy it

·
Registered
401 Posts
before taking it to the dealership you might want to stop by a body shop first to hear what they have to say and arm yourself with that information before going into the dealer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
before taking it to the dealership you might want to stop by a body shop first to hear what they have to say and arm yourself with that information before going into the dealer.
I don't need a body shop lol I've got family with decades of experience in auto body and it's been looked at already, nice and rusty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts