Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to drive my neice around alot and she is usually happy to watch My Little Pony and Scooby Doo on our drive across town. Is there any way that the built in screen can play video files?

·
Registered
206 Posts
There is not a factory method to play video on the screen, however I am betting someone will come up with an aftermarket way. I have seen an aftermarket adapter for the Ford Sync system that displays video, so I'm betting something similar could work for the iA/Mazda systems.

·
Registered
401 Posts
be warned that it is likely illegal to have video running on that screen.
That's correct. The only legal way to have video playing is in the rear passenger area. But you can always have toggle switch for the front to let you shut it off when needed ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Makes me nervous for insurance reasons. Also, it is distracting, and despite how immune to its distracting potential you think you are, you could get distracted.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you get caught, if you don't fight the ticket then you may have to start worrying about insurance. Helps to know lawyers ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
An iPad held in the hands of the rear passengers...
^ winner.

The traditional rear seat passenger video player is obsolete. can't beat what can be done with smart devices. It's actually what car makers should be doing more of that... working with smart devices.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yea, I would recommend an iPad and then you can get holder things that fasten it to the back of the front seat so that you don't have to actually hold onto it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts