Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys a shop local to me has agreed to make a carbon fiber intake if anyone's interested I'll keep them posted should be around 200 give or take

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to machine and sell just the MAF sensor adapters, and then we'd have the ability to route our own intakes.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What would that look like, and I am sceptical only because it seems like a lot of money to pay for something on a car that isn't really performance oriented. Why not just get a carbon fiber wrap?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because your basic intake usually cost that and why not I'm not big on faking stuff it's all about preference plus I fully plan on turning this into a weekend warrior

·
Registered
422 Posts
Because your basic intake usually cost that and why not I'm not big on faking stuff it's all about preference plus I fully plan on turning this into a weekend warrior
more power to you. I guess I just would try to make sure that anything you spend a chunk of money on is going to have a real impact on the performance of the car ultimately.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is there any r&d showing intake temps, pressure, etc. ? Would it have a sealed filter area or is it just out and open ?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just drop a turbo on and gain 50+ hp ;)

Nothing better than having that power and hearing the spool action happening.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just drop a turbo on and gain 50+ hp ;)

Nothing better than having that power and hearing the spool action happening.
That is true ! But I have no idea how much power these engines are capable of holding.. well engine or transmission for that matter

1 - 20 of 39 Posts