Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum. Picking up my newly purchased IA tomorrow and was wondering if any of you have experience with using carseats in this car. I basically got this as a commuter car to take myself and my almost 3 year old to work/daycare. Has anyone installed forward facing car seats in here. What are your thoughts if you have.

I also have a 2 month old in a rear facing infant car seat but i never even installed the base into my current lexus so im not too concerned. My wife is 4'11" so room in the front seat isnt really an issue. Just curious if anyone has made this work. We just purchased a Mini Van also, so any and all full family outings will be in that.

Excited about this car though. Thanks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. Picking up my newly purchased IA tomorrow and was wondering if any of you have experience with using carseats in this car. I basically got this as a commuter car to take myself and my almost 3 year old to work/daycare. Has anyone installed forward facing car seats in here. What are your thoughts if you have.

I also have a 2 month old in a rear facing infant car seat but i never even installed the base into my current lexus so im not too concerned. My wife is 4'11" so room in the front seat isnt really an issue. Just curious if anyone has made this work. We just purchased a Mini Van also, so any and all full family outings will be in that.

Excited about this car though. Thanks.
https://www.cars.com/articles/2016-scion-ia-car-seat-check-1420682523658/

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i've seen that, but that's not really real life every day usability, its about a 15 minute connect up the car seat and rate it. Was hoping for some personal experiences and opinions.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Welcome to the forums ! Not too sure about the car seats unfortunately as I don't have children at this point in time, but I'm sure there's someone on here that has had experiences with this

·
Registered
330 Posts
No one buys a Scion iA for kids. You shall be our experimental group.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one buys a Scion iA for kids. You shall be our experimental group.
i didnt buy it for kids, i bought it for a commuter car for me, with the need to take a kid 13 miles to daycare. If you want to be a **** ill just keep my questions to myself. Jesus.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i didnt buy it for kids, i bought it for a commuter car for me, with the need to take a kid 13 miles to daycare. If you want to be a **** ill just keep my questions to myself. Jesus.
Should have told you ahead of time, he's the forum "Troll", don't mind him

·
Registered
7 Posts
Someone let me know if there is seats recommended. I have shirt trips with 2 kids in car seats, one is about to use a booster. I want to buy this car but want to get car seats that fit reasonably. They will grow out of them one day. So I am okay with 3-4 years of one seat behind a passenger seat taking up some space for the (seldom, and mostly shirt distance) passenger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts