Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know our car shares many parts from the Mazda Cx3..... That being Said

I have seen many post's on this forum about the iA lacking a center console with storage.... Well I Found a solution with a slight catch. Its only available on eBay from the United kingdom. But is possible to get!

New Genuine Mazda CX-3 Center Console Arm Rest
Part Number (DB2WV0630A)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine...971369?hash=item5682857369:g:abwAAOSwzgRWxfZS

For those looking to get the armrest without the center console storage, you can purchase it from your local Mazda dealership (Its cheaper than Toyota) Same Mazda part....

You will Need 2 Part Numbers

CENTER ARM REST - MAZDA (0000-8D-P09)
http://www.mazdanyparts.com/oe-mazda/00008dp09 $97.46

INSTALLATION KIT ARMREST - MAZDA (0000-8D-S20)
http://www.mazdanyparts.com/oe-mazda/00008ds20 $29.96

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Had a look at the inside of the arm rest and there's a good few dividers which helps for the various things i'll be carrying. Beats just having one big open space with no dividers.

This should be part of a sticky.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It would be awesome if we could see a picture of this installed once you have it. Thanks for posting this though.

Cheers!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Could always get one of those cheap cup holders that have prongs that hook in between the door panel and window. Used them in the past and they worked great. Just wouldn't put anything bigger than a medium coffee in their.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone actually bought and installed the armrest with storage? I like the thinner one, but the stitching doesn't appear to be blue in the photos. I'm the kind of person that would be really disappointed and irritated by armrest stitching that doesn't match the rest of the interior.

To answer previous question from long ago, the small slit in the end of the slimmer armrest is for sliding a cell phone into. IIRC, the CX-3 has a USB port down behind the cup holder and you can run a cable up through the arm to plug into your phone. That way you can slide it out to check it or whatever and then slide it back in.

I ordered the pregnant-looking armrest w/storage from a company called Eureka Car Parts LTD because it was a little cheaper than the e-bay listing. It's also coming from the UK. I'm supposed to get it in a little over a week, I'll take before during and after pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
DO NOT BUY the storage console Mazda part DB2WV0630A for your Scion iA. I bought it and it is NOT compatible for two reasons. The mounting bracket is not the correct height, and the Keyless Start Antenna is mounted exactly where the bracket goes. I was able to complete the installation, but the armrest has absolutely no support and is held in by 4 screws tapped through about 3mm of plastic. The hole drilling step is completed by the time you figure out that you are boned. it is possible to pop the original little storage bowl back in but you will have 4 holes drilled into a large piece of trim that goes all the way up around the shifter.

I'm guessing that the European Mazda2 probably doesn't have keyless start. I'm also guessing that the center trim piece is lower, because the bracket is not tall enough to line up with the screws that attach the armrest to the center trim.

It's a bummer and cost almost 200 bucks. I hope I'm the only one that took this one for the team.

it's wobbly and rickety and I hate it but, it kind of does look sweet. I just don't think it will hold up to lifting and putting back down.

·
Registered
330 Posts
DO NOT BUY the storage console Mazda part DB2WV0630A for your Scion iA. I bought it and it is NOT compatible for two reasons. The mounting bracket is not the correct height, and the Keyless Start Antenna is mounted exactly where the bracket goes. I was able to complete the installation, but the armrest has absolutely no support and is held in by 4 screws tapped through about 3mm of plastic. The hole drilling step is completed by the time you figure out that you are boned. it is possible to pop the original little storage bowl back in but you will have 4 holes drilled into a large piece of trim that goes all the way up around the shifter.

I'm guessing that the European Mazda2 probably doesn't have keyless start. I'm also guessing that the center trim piece is lower, because the bracket is not tall enough to line up with the screws that attach the armrest to the center trim.

It's a bummer and cost almost 200 bucks. I hope I'm the only one that took this one for the team.

it's wobbly and rickety and I hate it but, it kind of does look sweet. I just don't think it will hold up to lifting and putting back down.

That's obvious, that part number (DB2W-V0-630) is for the CX-3... Mazda 2 part number is DA6C-V0-630.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts