Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

We have known for a while now that Scion has been planning to release a crossover, and the rumor was that this crossover would be a production version of the Toyota C-HR Concept.

Well, looks like the rumor mill was right on this one because here is the Scion C-HR Concept. It is exactly the same as the Toyota C-HR Concept except it wears a Scion badge.

In keeping with Scion's self-pronounced focus on youth, Scion says, "It’s the perfect vehicle for ‘yuccies,’" who are apparently young and urban creatives, though I do not believe that 'yuccies' would ever use that term to describe themselves.

This should be an exciting opportunity for Scion since this production crossover will not be a model that is simply re-badged from another brand. This production model will be exclusively Scion, and will have its design based solely in the Scion brand.

Scion is pretty adamant on focusing on design for this one. “Polarizing is ok. Boring is not.”

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thought I would add this picture that is a render of a production model back from when the Toyota C-HR Concept debuted. Do you think that the Scion model could end up looking like this?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like how it looks but we all know how far off from it is from looking like anything production-like. Hopefully we'll see some production model renderings soon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If only production models look like their renderings but the most we can hope for is something close to it with design cues we like.
There's no way it will work like that due to cost. Forming panels like that isn't cheap and its a complicated process. It would make a $30,000 vehicle easily shoot up to the 6 figure range.

·
Registered
370 Posts
and it will come out looking like a gumball. Excellent. production for when?
My guess is during the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2016, since sometime in 2016 we'll get to see the production model, which makes this a 2017 model year vehicle.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a render of the production C-HR. Do you think that this is what the production model will look like?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like how it looks and it's based off of a few production models from Toyota and Lexus, that along with what we seen in spy shots, i'd say this is close.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it will end up being taller because if not it will be way to close to the Scion iM.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That production rendering could be close to representing the real deal since it lines up with what was seen in the concept, what was mentioned in the Scion iR Trademark filing and everything else currently going on under the Toyota umbrella.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder if it will be branded as a Scion everywhere or if in Canada it will be called something different. Maybe some places will see it as a Toyota.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could be branded as Scion in Canada. If Toyota keeps putting Scion models in their logo then Scion won't be very competitive due to a lack of models.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Scion as far as I know is a brand created for North America, everywhere else it will be known as a Toyota.
Have yet to see plans for expansion into other markets and at the rate they're growing at, it might be a while before that happens.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts