Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm considering getting either a 2017 Toyota Yaris IS or a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX right now. I've read some reviews complain about the MPG on the Yaris doing a lot of stop and go because you have to rev pretty high before the car starts moving. Is this the case for current owners? My 11mi commute each way is light after light so I'm between 40mph and stopping every 1/2 mile or so. I'm impressed with the interior quality for a car of this price point. Is there anything you do NOT like about the car? What are your favorite things about the car too? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do a lot of stop and go city driving, I deliver for Jimmy Johns and Pizza Hut. I have had my iA for about a month now and I'm averaging about 35 mpg, and that's with the a/c on almost constantly. I drove a 2000 civic ex before this and would only get about 25 mpg during the summer, 30 when I wasn't using the a/c so much. I like the iA better than the new civics they have become larger over the last 17 years I was looking for another subcompact. It feels like a much more expensive car than it is. The only thing I don't like about the car so far is the lack of a center armrest but I bought one on Amazon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also I have had no problem with the amount of power or acceleration it is very fun to drive and gets up to speed just fine even up hill and on the highway although I am the only person in the car %99 of the time and I only weigh 130 lbs. I imagine if you had 5 average size adults in the car it might be a different story.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm considering getting either a 2017 Toyota Yaris IS or a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX right now. I've read some reviews complain about the MPG on the Yaris doing a lot of stop and go because you have to rev pretty high before the car starts moving. Is this the case for current owners? My 11mi commute each way is light after light so I'm between 40mph and stopping every 1/2 mile or so. I'm impressed with the interior quality for a car of this price point. Is there anything you do NOT like about the car? What are your favorite things about the car too? Thanks!
Are the roads you drive on smooth and even? Or are they bumpy, worn and potholed, like mine?

I live in hilly Seattle and do almost entirely short cold-start trips on hilly, bumpy streets. I have almost 1000 miles on my Yaris iA, and my average has gone up over 2mpg as the engine breaks in. My current average is 29.2.

I like my iA a lot. It has a brilliant auto trans, and does very well in stop and go traffic for me. My only disappointment is the occasional rattle from the console shift bezel.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pros: affordable, pretty good interior... Mazda design language...

Con: front grill is awful in my opinion, everything else is pure Mazda design.... It isn't the quickest. But gets the job done...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts