Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing the power of my MAZDASPEED 3 and would like to get a few more HP's from the iA. Has anyone installed a cold air intake? My dealer has nothing. Did you notice an improvement in acceleration or fuel economy? I am looking to make some changes that do not effect the warranty.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am missing the power of my MAZDASPEED 3 and would like to get a few more HP's from the iA. Has anyone installed a cold air intake? My dealer has nothing. Did you notice an improvement in acceleration or fuel economy? I am looking to make some changes that do not effect the warranty.
Get a Ford ST

·
Registered
35 Posts
As of right now there aren't any available. Someone mentioned trying to get one made so pretty much we have to wait lol. We have to wait for everything!

If yoy want more power look into OrangeVirus tuning, it says it could add up to 20hp. It also should be able to reverse so it's not detected by the dealer lol. Like apply it and unapply it since it comes with everything. Pretty nifty.

·
Registered
330 Posts
As of right now there aren't any available. Someone mentioned trying to get one made so pretty much we have to wait lol. We have to wait for everything!

If yoy want more power look into OrangeVirus tuning, it says it could add up to 20hp. It also should be able to reverse so it's not detected by the dealer lol. Like apply it and unapply it since it comes with everything. Pretty nifty.
I don't think it's that simple to add 20hp... :|

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's what it states, i mean OrangeVirus is a world known mazda tuner, he dug into everything and used someone's car to test so we should ask them. And i believe it said UP TO. Plus you keep getting the updates he makes with the package. Tunes can be pretty awesome with changes as they change the computer. He kept mentioning how much they detuned it lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's what it states, i mean OrangeVirus is a world known mazda tuner, he dug into everything and used someone's car to test so we should ask them. And i believe it said UP TO. Plus you keep getting the updates he makes with the package. Tunes can be pretty awesome with changes as they change the computer. He kept mentioning how much they detuned it lol
The Miata 1.5 Skyactiv has 136 hp . There is room for more on the iA . The M2 in EU has 115 hp .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Definitely can't say that adding 20hp with a tune isn't possible. There's been various cases of it just off of tuning the stock base map

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sometimes you have to mix it with other air/fuel things to be more effective and often that's the best way to make your tune go a long way and have something much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would the Mazda2 cold air intake bolt right up to the iA? i mean its practically the same motor correct?
Correct me if I'm wrong please still learning about the "ins and outs" of the iA.

·
Registered
347 Posts
A cold air won't yield much. Want it to be more fun get a tune.suspension parts. Toyota detuned this car a lot so it wouldn't take from corolla sales. I originally wanted a corolla but this came with more crap and was cheaper. I shouldve gpt the corolla tho. I weigh 230 sometimes it feels small. But then I get 40 mpg and I'm all smiles lol. But only thing I plan to do is audio, soundprooding and suspension,tune.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts