Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello,
I test drove a manual iA yesterday (I was impressed!) and have been researching the iA and other small cars. But Im reading a lot of complaints on here about the car: wind noise, transmission issues, steering wheel off center, paint issues....Im wondering if this car has some QC issues or will it be a reliable trouble free choice.
I am also considering the 2016 Spark, 2017 Mirage, Nissan Versa and Fit Lx manual (nearly impossible to find a fit with a manual)
I think I have eliminated the Versa S, it is very primative and feels underpowered even though it has 109hp.
I drove the Spark, it is all new for 2016 and I was impressed by it and it costs much less.
The Mirage well it's a mixed bag of slow and efficient and cheaply made.
I am looking to trade in my 2014 Mini Cooper before it starts to have issues.
My main concerns are fuel mpg and sportiness/fun to drive.
Any thoughts, advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Get the Mirage it's my dream car

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ok so I wouldn't reccomend an ia still, but all my problems have been resolved by Toyota. My paint is fixed, trans replaced (no odd noises or grinding from it), etc. and the wind noise was a simple fix, my uncle put better insulation in when he ripped it out to paint it. He said it wasn't sealed well around the door at the top, just like his wife's old tc
Get a Mirage G4 better than iA.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mini's tend to hold their value pretty well, trade in should be pretty decent. But it's a big change, Mini is more performance oriented than efficiency, hence the Mini bring much more fun and (if you have the S) much faster. If a Mini is maintained they'll almost always last to 50-75k without any issues, but unfortunately there's a reason you won't see many hit 200k, they tend to die around 100-150k even when properly maintained. All the cars you've said you're considering are a big step down in fun and performance for only a small step up in fuel and maintnance cost, but depending on your Mini and it's mileage you could probably get at least $15k for it so unless you still owe on that, you could be payment-free on the iA. But that is a good price on the iA, if you like it enough to step down from a Mini then go for it, worst case is you don't like it so you trade it in in a year instead of 3 or 5
Stay with the Mini, basically same size car.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have decided to keep my Mini Cooper for awhile longer. Nothing I have test driven has been more fun to drive than my current car and I am averaging over 36mpg. Until the Mini starts giving me trouble or something more exciting comes along I will keep it.
Bye :crying:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.