Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The video is simply fishing for keywords. That's a Euro NCAP test, and the Scion iA will not be sold in Europe. I'm sure the results will be very similar to a real iA crash test though, as the iA and Mazda 2 hatch are so similar.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm not certain, but wont the sedan need its own set of crash tests?
I'm not sure, but either way, I expect the results to be almost identical to what we see for the Mazda2.The only thing that would change is the front end of the vehicle, and I don't think that cosmetic change will have much of an affect on safety.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Exactly, same construction, just the brand specific parts that change which from what we can see didn't have too much different going on.

Everything behind that which actually matters in an accident: foam absorber, rebar and everything else behind.

·
Registered
401 Posts
As the vehicle comes out and hits dealerships I think then we should get a chance to see details on what the exact safety features they included.

Being a small car with the demographic it has, it will be a concern.

·
Registered
370 Posts
As the vehicle comes out and hits dealerships I think then we should get a chance to see details on what the exact safety features they included.

Being a small car with the demographic it has, it will be a concern.
I've only been coming across tidbits about safety that automotive publications have been reporting back, such as this:

What Safety Features Are Available?

In addition to the basic safety features mandated by the government, the Scion iA also comes with seat-mounted side and side curtain airbags. There's also a standard low-speed (under 18 mph) frontal collision warning and automatic braking system, which is a rare option in this class, let alone a standard feature.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've seen that trickled down self-driving safety featured mentioned all over the place, one of the only well known things about its safety features.

I'm interested in its construction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.