Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys New join to the forum, picked up my IA in October of 2015.
Got about 4500 Miles on it been averaging about 38-40 mpg (almost all highway)

Havent done anything too Crazy to it yet, other than two 12" subs in the back really giving it a good pound. Looking to probably dynomat the back to get rid of the trunk rattle and the fenders.

Anyways looking for all ideas to customize it. Fortunate to have some extra cash right now so looking at;
Color: Frost

Window Tint
Rims/Tires.
Headlights (Led's or Halos?)
possible blackout on tail lights?
Any word on lowering springs yet? really dont like how much the rear sits up.
Hit me with some ideas and ill try my best to make it happen and keep you guys updated.

Located in SO CAL.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey guys New join to the forum, picked up my IA in October of 2015.

Any word on lowering springs yet? really dont like how much the rear sits up.
Hey welcome!

For springs- there are a few threads that we discuss on here. Summary: Nothing officially put for the iA yet, but several in development and a few JDM options that might work. Tein just put a few options for the Mazda Demio (DJ chassis, 2015+ Mazda2 - not sold in US) that is essentially a hatchback version of our car. Not sure if they would work. So its either someone be willing to take a risk and try them out, or wait for official iA suspension.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't know about going custom, that's a bit of a stretch, however, going aftermarket is what I would do. Just have to find out what the threading is like for the shifter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey welcome!

For springs- there are a few threads that we discuss on here. Summary: Nothing officially put for the iA yet, but several in development and a few JDM options that might work. Tein just put a few options for the Mazda Demio (DJ chassis, 2015+ Mazda2 - not sold in US) that is essentially a hatchback version of our car. Not sure if they would work. So its either someone be willing to take a risk and try them out, or wait for official iA suspension.

Good luck! :)
Hey man not sure if it was you who posted about the company doing the R&D but i contacted them and my vehicle is on the list to drop off to them for the week if I dont need to use it that week. so Hopefully all goes as planned.

·
Registered
206 Posts
^ Awesome! Wasn't me but always glad to see new parts being made!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts