Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had work off on Friday, so finally got around to test driving and buying. It was pretty awesome, there was a MD dealership that was offering it for about~$700 less, and I talked to my DE dealership about it. I also found out I qualified for the grad school rebate (I thought it was only for recent college grads), which was ~$750 (plus $500 for financing with them). I test drove the automatic first, really enjoyed it, was originally intending to just buy that, and almost skipped out on test driving the manual. But I decided to test drive the manual, and really loved it. I can't explain exactly what it was, but there was a difference in experience (more fun?) and it just was more rewarding to drive the manual (something I've only been doing for about a year, my girlfriend has a Mazda3). Since I was newer to driving manuals, I was sort of writing it off, but was pleasantly surprised by it. So I got the manual, and they were able to offer the same discount as the other dealership, so it came in under my lowest estimate for what I'd be willing to pay. It was pretty awesome.

I've tried to use the imaging coding on this website, hopefully this works:

(Those are some flower petals on the front hood)

I had test driven other subcompacts, as I'd been renting cars to drive to NC to see my girlfriend. I didn't end up test driving a Honda fit, but the trim level I wanted was also out of my price range. The Fiesta was the closest other car, but for what you get in the Scion, and a more comfortable front seat, it was an easy choice.

I just want to say thanks! This forum has been helpful. A lot of the discussion was good food for thought, and also got me excited about the car. A few of you also answered specific questions and that was very helpful as well. So thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congrats on your purchase... Its a fine vehicle and I am sure you will be happy. I just filled up for the third time in 2.5 months and was rewarded with 44.5 mpg. Nice Color choice the graphite(-:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm very excited I found out about the iA. Scion was so far off of my radar, but in my searches for 2016 Mazda2's the iA popped up, and I was pretty keyed in on that car, but wanted to give other cars a shot.

The Graphite is my favorite color. I was going to get the automatic in graphite, but they thankfully also had the manual in graphite as well and that sealed the deal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I actually went the other direction. Always wanted the graphite, but test drove the manual. It was great but would choose the auto if I could have afforded it. Turns out my dealer gave me the. Auto for the manual price... Never test drove it at all. Both are winners!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and good call on the manual tranny!

I almost bought the 1.0L Fiesta, but then I heard about the iA. All around a better choice, I believe.
Same here. I was REALLY on the fence, but the safety of the iA over Fiesta, AND the fact that the only local dealer that would give me the time of day about bringing in a 1.0L Fiesta ended up ticking me off. SO glad they did, because it pushed me further towards the iA. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts